Dallas Commuters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dallas Commuters

I'm curious as to how many guys here commute into Dallas everyday for work. If y'all don't mind, I have a few questions.

Where do you commute from?
    Where do you go (ie Addison, Downtown, Preston Center...)?
    What time do you leave?
    How long does it take you?
    AND how long does it take on your drive home?

I work at Pearl and I45 Downtown Dallas, and I live in Forney TX (25 mile commute). I leave my house at 6:15, and I'm at my desk at 7:00a.m.

If I leave my house at 7:00a.m., I'm at my desk about 8:15a.m.

Comment

From Plano (Coit and Spring Creek)
      Office is near Medical City (Central and Forest Ln)
      Leave around 6:45 - I head straight down coit and it takes me about 20-25 minutes on a good day with green lights.
      I leave most days around 4:30-5 and it takes me about 30-45 minutes to get home

Comment

I live in Arlington, work near 35 and 635.

It is 25 miles.

In the morning, if I leave on time, it is 45 minutes. I leave the house at 6:45 to be at work by 7:30

I am supposed to leave at 4:00, but seldom do. When I do, it is just about an hour. If weather is crummy, or there is a wreck, it can easily be 2. When it iced last year, I had a couple of 3+ hour rides home.

This is way better than when I used to work in Garland.

Comment

Forney to just south of Downtown.

Leave Forney at 5-5:30 AM, it takes 20-25 minutes. Leave Dallas at 6:30-7AM the next day, takes about the same amount of time going home.

Comment

I work at DFW Airport. I live in Scurry, TX (60 mile commute) I leave around 5am and I normally arrive at work right around 6am. Not much traffic that time of the morning.
            The drive home depending on traffic is 1 - 1.5 hours. Hope it helps, are you considering a move?

Comment

Live in west Frisco, work in downtown Dallas...29 miles, good day is less than 1hr each way...leave Frisco about 7:25 after dropping my son at school...at work 8:30 give or take 10 mins. Leave at 5pm, pick up son from afterschool care around 6:05 give or take 10mins. Get back online for an hour or two after dinner to finish whatever report I am working on.
              This morning there was a 5 car pileup on the SB tollway at 635, took me just short of 2hrs to get to work.

Comment

Live in Mckinney. Office at Presby Dallas. 30-35 minutes door to door if I am in by 0630 and out by 1600. Rush hour 45-1hour-ish. Wreck- it could be days.

If I go to the office in Plano- 20-25 minutes. Not a lot of difference in traffic.

Comment

Currently live in Willow park.

Currently having to commute to Garland.

I left at 5:30 this morning, got to the office at 7:10 or so with a Starbucks stop along the way.

If I leave the office by 4, I can USUALLY be home by 5:30.

If I don't leave til 5 it's at least 2 hours.

Comment

I do a lot of work all over Dallas. It all depends on timing, the same 20 miles can take you 20 minutes a certain times of the day and an hour at another time. And that doesn't include accidents or construction.

Comment

Live in Coppell

Work in North Dallas (35 & Midway)

9.5 miles. Mostly surface streets. Only on 35E for 2 exits.

Leave house at 7:30 am to be to work around 8am.

Leave work around 5 or 5:30pm

Takes about 25 minutes either way.
                      Last edited by rladner; 11-13-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Ennis to 635/35 area... 1 hour on the dot if I leave by 615 and there are no accidents. About the same going home, leaving at 430pm. 10 minutes late out the door either way, tack on an extra 15-30 minutes to the drive... It's 49 miles one way...

Comment

Live in Forney
                          Work at Toll way and Spring creek in Plano
                          45 mile drive, takes about an hour
                          I leave at 5:50 am at work at 6:45 but, I run the George Bush. I little costly but I get reimbursed, so its not bad

Comment

How do employers in large cities handle workers being late due to wrecks and such? I would assume that there are days that you are going to be late no matter how much leeway you give yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by akey View Post
                              How do employers in large cities handle workers being late due to wrecks and such? I would assume that there are days that you are going to be late no matter how much leeway you give yourself.
                              ^^^This makes me wish we could "productivity" fine those that drive like idiots and cause the wrecks. I can't imagine the cost of productivity for a 1 hour delay.

Comment

Working...
                              X