No announcement yet.

Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feels good after all the practicing and time spent.

Comment

Well Im headed to my uncles lease in Lovelady by Crockett. He has some brutes running around. He also has a huge spotted boar suckin up his corn. I hope to have some pics on here soon but we will see.

Ricky that rage tore her up good job.

Comment

congrats, Ricky

Comment

Well once again I missed another pig in the dark.

Comment

Congrats again Ricky.

Chino, hope you get better.

Comment

You need a Hawglite Justin

and Congrats to ya RickyJ!

Comment

Well I hit the big goose egg again this weekend. I had three dogs come in Saturday afternoon right at prime time. They all three had their noses to the ground. Have two really nice bucks on camera Come on rut.

Comment

Say fellers, don't forget to update your hunting reports. Be honest on them. We are responsible for our own future. This will have an impact on our future privileges. They know that some hunters will skew the numbers thinking it is to the hunters advantage. That is not always so. Being honest on the serves is very key to our privileges in the future. They depend on our honesty at the present.

So far as of today, we have 882 permitted hunters. Only 5% have updated their reports. If you begin to update now, you will also have met the serve dead line .

Example:
                  1a) if to few deer have been seen in an area, (should we go to the forbidden word that starts with an "L" and ends with an "O" and in between are "ott") the area may get fewer permits to hunt it in the future.

1b) if to few deer have been seen in an area, the area may just be shut down.

2) If the population is good then less chance of regulation.

ACE dose view this thread often. Several are members of this website, as they are hunters also . They just don't post often.

Most on here know they check for parking permits on the vehicles via the little "reminders" and "Thank You"s they leave under the wipers (very nicely done this time with the lamination BTW). On your parking permit is your permit number. What if they started taking numbers down and checking to see who has updated ? What if the dead line was cut down to two-four weeks per hunter visit ? Waco has a one week dead line. I hope it never comes to that. But we are responsible for our own future. Just some thoughts .

Comment

Great reminder mike...trust me,it sux on the outside looking in..My son decided to buy a new bowtech from Mr.Witt, and he's upset that i can't hunt with him this year..

On a different note,we were at CCR yesterday,and someone called and said they were bringing in a 200inch deer that was just killed,possibly in Grayson county..Mike,have you heard anything???we could'nt stick around,but Ken was sure excited.After my group shot the ridge AND most of the creek,this old man was tired of walking and keeping score.

Comment

Buckshot-73, Haven't heard any thing on the deer. But I'm sure we will.

Did you get a new bow, or just keep score?

Comment

I was keeping score..son's girliefriend is new to bow's, trying to help her out,i finally sent her to Mr.Witt..he got her lined out in about 5 mins. I need to talk to you about the bow, i got it narrowed to 3 but want your advice when you get a chance..

Comment

awesome on the doe!!!

Comment

Hey guys, im new to tx bowhunter and to public land at whitney.. Last saturday was my first hunt out off 2604. Any tips or advice for hunting whitney would be greatly appritiated.. thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                              Hey guys, im new to tx bowhunter and to public land at whitney.. Last saturday was my first hunt out off 2604. Any tips or advice for hunting whitney would be greatly appritiated.. thanks
                              First off dont give out hwere you have been hunting. Second is What do you drive I saw three different truck there this weekend and one has a remote spot light on top.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                                Be the first one in, go farther than anyone else, be the last one out. The hunters comming in will push deer to you and when they get down for lunch and come back at 4 or 5 they will push deer again. If anyone asks "did ya see anything?" say no
                                Seriously, hunt hard to find spots and hunt it hard and long, stay in the stand while every one else gets down. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X