Lake Whitney/Lake Aquilla 2010-2011 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2scoops View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but I have not seen near the sign that I saw last year. I only saw 4-5 does all weekend...no bucks (well, except a dead one that a guy shot). Do ya'll think the lack of hunters is affecting deer movement?
    If I don't start seeing more, I'm grabbing a beer and taking a nap....that was a great pic!
    We are seeing sign but not the deer. It will get better once the acorns are gone. We only had 2 trucks (mine and my buddies) at our parking lot and I drove around to the north on my way outand didnt see any tracks at that gate either.

Comment

Way to go txbow congrats on the harvest nothin like it Im happy for you!!

Comment

By the way Ricky thats gotta be one of the funniest things I have heard about scince last years "bear in the woods episode" I was laughing so hard I think I peed a lil bit !!!! wonder who that was
        Last edited by COUNTRY BOY; 10-04-2010, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I guess you run into all sorts when hunting public land. I have learned to deal with people walking in and the great Rambo stealth hunters but I really had not prepared myself for something like this. It's all good I guess. There are plenty of days left.

Comment

Just gotta laugh it off and try to get out after em again at least ya got a good story to tell around a campfire!!

Comment

Originally posted by txbowcm View Post
              Drew first blood this morning with the bow and got me a doe the feeling was awsome. I doubt i will ever use a rifle agian!! Good to meet some of you guys out there look forward to getting back.
              awesome

Comment

Well fellas I got blood tonight. Got a nice buck at 35 yds hidin in a cedar tree, I will get pics on here tomorrow.

Comment

Txbow congrats on the meat!

Justin, congrats on the horns. Waiting on pics.

Comment

my best bow buck yet

Well I got in my lock on about 5:30 Monday evening. I sat there and realized my stand was not in the best spot due to two large branched that interfered with my draw. I decided to stay there even if I just get too see a deer and not shoot it. After about 45 minutes I had 3 doe come within 20 yards. I decided to try to let an arrow loose. As I stood up and lifted my bow over one of the limbs my broadhead snagged a small limb which spooked the doe. As I stood there trying get figure out a way to shoot my movements must have killed me because the doe started blowin. Tails up they hauled butt. Disappointed in myself I admitted defeat. I got out of the stand and decided to check the creek out to see if anything was there. I wandered up the creek for about half a mile. I rounded a bend which I knew had a flat grassy area on the other side. I hugged the washed out earth and could see two doe and a fawn milling around in the grass. I thought about the terrain and remembered just behind those deer is a draw. I decided to do a little Corp land stalk if you would call it that. I backed out made a large semi circle and found myself looking at the same deer 45 yards away. The deer moved further up the creek so I decided to try to cut off their path. I went to two large cedar trees and got nestled in the bottom. I was sitting there anticipating the call to my buddies of the doe kill. The doe didn’t cooperate they hit a low spot in the creek and left me. I turned to leave the cedar trees when I saw 3 deer bodies across the opening in the trees. I stared at them watching them push each other around then realized all three had antlers. I watched them emerge from the woods 2 eights and a ten. The tem was not legal with its antlers crossing each other in the back. One of the eights stood there turning his head side to side teasing me a bit. I commited to that deer. I stepped out two steps just enough to clear the trees. He stood there broadside as I raised my bow and went to full draw. He heard something and tensed up and finally put his ears where I knew he would be legal. I put my 35 yard pin on the pump station and let the PSE loose. I watched the arrow slam into his side and seen a mist of blood go out the other side. He turned and headed for the trees where I could here him crash and pile up in the cedars. After a 15 min wait I decided to look for my arrow. I found it in the grass with bright red blood covering the arrow. I went to where I seen it enter the woods and got down looking under the limbs of the cedars. There he was I saw the white belly he ran about 25 yards before falling. I recovered him from the trees and began my drag. I got him back to my truck and strapped a tag on him. His fate was delivered by a PSE Radial X Weave 300 with Montec CS broadhead. The perfect triangle was right behind his broadside shoulde and went through his back shoulder blade popping both lung in between. This deer is my best buck to date with the bow. I have some doe to look for now and may consider goin to the Bosque side for another buck.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Congrats Justin. Nice deer.

Comment

Nice deer. Congrats again.

Comment

Nice shot

Comment

Good job jgirsh

Comment

sweeeeet!!!! a trophy for sure!!

Comment

nice im still trying to figure out how to resize my photo so i can get it on here but its nothing but a doe!!

Comment

Working...
                                X