• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
    long as you dont want to travel over 40 much
    Truth. Roll bar, roll bar, roll bar.

Comment

Most definitely
      But of course I saved a GPW last summer and have a 70 cj-5 and a couple 46 cj-2As sitting in a barn

My biggest issue is not trying to get more 😂

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
        I am in the same boat! My parents are wanting to sell their CJ 7 jeep that's in a million parts right now. It was my grandpa's, and still has a bullet hole in the rear from someone shooting at them in the mountains of Colorado. I'm scared its going to cost too much for me to have someone put it together. Most everything is there, just need someone to put it together.
        Colton
        Buy it. They are plenty of manuals and forums out there with information. And they are not complex machines. You can put it back together I promise

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Yes, we have a 48 that started and crapped out. I wish I had the ability to rebuild it.

That one is pretty cool and Id think that PTO winch on the back might be worth more than the average jeep
          I believe around 48 is when they had the shorter hood and were more desirable. My step dad has a 48 with a Buick v6 and high seat. Fully restored. A couple times. LOL. Wish I could find the pics...

Comment

Love those old Jeeps!

Comment

Originally posted by BertramBass View Post
              I believe around 48 is when they had the shorter hood and were more desirable. My step dad has a 48 with a Buick v6 and high seat. Fully restored. A couple times. LOL. Wish I could find the pics...
              its a 48 CJ2a. My granpaw bought it new and it came with two hurricane engines. All it was left over from Govt contracts from the war. Both engines had the hand pumps on the side to pump fuel if the fuel pump went out.

My dad traded one engine for airboat engine work back in the 80s. The jeep is now sitting at a family friends place who said he would take the tub and place it on a newer frame (that we bought) for the cost of the hurricane that was in the jeep. He pulled the motor and rebuilt it and its now in his 49.

Our jeep is currently pasture art and I sold the cj7 that was going to be a donor. Im not overly happy about it but its my dads deal so what do you do

Comment

NO, you should sell it to me!

Comment

Thanks guys. Looks like probably a done deal. Going to look at it again Saturday, pretty sure a deal will be made. Wife is all in on it, so that makes it even better.

Comment

Is there a part that attaches that winch drive to the rear wheel?

Never seen a setup like that.

Comment

Originally posted by flyby View Post
                      Thanks guys. Looks like probably a done deal. Going to look at it again Saturday, pretty sure a deal will be made. Wife is all in on it, so that makes it even better.

If wife is in you have no excuse……

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

Now that you say something……I see it. It looks like it might just be some sort of extension of the winch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post

its actually ran off the 4x4 system. Some of those jeeps will have 4 shifting knobs in the front. Gears, 2x4-4x4, hi-lo and one for the pto winch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBGJixnOatw"]Willys CJ3A PTO/OD Test - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

I have my Granada’s 57 Willys Wagon. Original hurricane 6 engine with 58k miles.

LOVE those old jeeps!

Comment

Go for it! My wife grew up driving one around her parents ranch. She said the brakes barely worked but did not really matter because it would not go fast enough that you needed them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WyoBull View Post
                                Go for it! My wife grew up driving one around her parents ranch. She said the brakes barely worked but did not really matter because it would not go fast enough that you needed them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                                i replaced the brake lines, wheel cylinders and pads a few years ago because they will go fast enought o tear up bump gates when they dont work.

Comment

Working...
                                X