No announcement yet.

why doesnt anyone want to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Ruidoso lately? Bring your own groceries. Eating out is near impossible. Even the Allsup’s was closed until the next day.

Comment

wish i knew how to post the picture... but i dont.
      posted at Mary's Cafe...

"Sadly, due to government handouts, no one wants to work anymore! Therefore, we are SHORT STAFFED! Please be patient with the staff that did choose to come to work today to serve you! Thank you for choosing Marys's Cafe - Strawn, Texas!"

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
        I can show you how to turn $40 into $400.

Take $40 and fill up your gas tank and go to work and make $400.
        That is fuzzy math for some people. Especially when they can stay home and make $600
        Last edited by Hoggslayer; 07-29-2021, 10:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ElkTipper View Post
          wish i knew how to post the picture... but i dont.
          posted at Mary's Cafe...

"Sadly, due to government handouts, no one wants to work anymore! Therefore, we are SHORT STAFFED! Please be patient with the staff that did choose to come to work today to serve you! Thank you for choosing Marys's Cafe - Strawn, Texas!"
          Saw that last week. Hardest working staff I ever saw.

To the OP: Letting people who don’t work or pay taxes vote for politicians who will give them money. That’s the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 3D Guy View Post
            I have experienced some of the same things you talked about. They say they need to hire, but a lot of employers are requiring a college degree for positions that don't require a college degree. (i.e. warehouseman, forklift operator). With so many out of work, they can raise the requirements and still get workers. I too, have submitted nearly a hundred resumes, have had interviews....but then nothing. Then I see the job listed later ??? I have applied for a job that I once worked at. Same company, same exact position. Left on good terms. Gave and worked out two week notice. Still no response. They had a layoff and laid off everyone within the department, and now business is picking up and have posted the job. Although they say there are not enough people wanting to work, I'm told that since I was laid off out of the oilfield, that don't want to hire me because when the oilfield industry comes back, they assume I will leave and go back to the oilfield.

I feel your pain. Right out of high school I spent 11 years... 11 faithful and PRODUCTIVE years for the same company in O&G working my way from a pipe yard hand to head of purchasing for a large outfit. Even moved from another state for that job. Got laid off in 2018 and spent several months looking before getting another O&G job with similar pay. Laid off two months later. Started driving a big rig and was not making enough to support the family much less see them. Settled for new career in landscape. Many here may remember my “work wanted” posts. I’m still making much less than my last O&G job, was laid off here then taken back, but I now have new skills doing work with TXDOT and large General Contractors. With the current jump with employers looking for help, they want the moon but want to send you there on a burger flipper salary. When I was looking just as recent as September to Feb, I had a total of TWO interviews and neither panned out.
            Im grateful my current employer believed enough to take me back when things started rolling again. I spent more time on unemployment since 2018 than i care to admit. And i absolutely HATED it.

When I moved to the business side of things away from the manual labor, nobody would give me a second thought when I was willing to go back out in the yard, shop, or work site. Not even for their low wages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

they won't work because no one ever taught them a real work ethic and the government pays them to stay home and play on their I phone. Has nothing to do with low entry wages...a completely unskilled high school drop out has nothing to offer to get high wages. Burger flippers don't get high wages. Work yer way up the wage chain....like I said NO WORK ETHIC AT ALL.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                not saying this is the case with these 2 specific instances, but there is a right way and a wrong way to fill out an application. if a job posting says it wants a person with XYZ skills and knowledge, you should tailor your application and resume around the XYZ skills and knowledge you have. If the next job posting wants ABC skills and knowledge, you should tailor the application and resume around ABC, not XYZ or DEF. you may need 5+ versions of your resume. if you have entry level skills, you cannot apply to be the president and expect an interview. answers to questions on the application should be well thought out with no grammar or punctuation errors. and your contact email address should not be something like "iloveguns@gmail or hotmomma69@yahoo or trump2024@hotmail"
                In my friends wife's case, she is a hairdresser. She has over 20yrs experience. So how many ways can she fill out an application for hair salons?

Comment

Didn’t the supplemental unemployment end June 26 in Texas? Wonder if some of these people will start heading back to work soon

Comment

I'm at work right now. And the better question is who does want to? It sucks.

If I could get paid to stay at home for the rest of my life I would. But unfortunately I can't do that. Maybe I'll get injured today and get workmans comp or get a huge settlement out of the deal. Fingers crossed.
                    Last edited by okrattler; 07-30-2021, 07:28 AM.

Comment

Some people were never taught (or never learned) to earn their way in life.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                        I'm at work right now. And the better question is who does want to? It sucks.

If I could get paid to stay at home for the rest of my life I would. But unfortunately I can't do that. Maybe I'll get injured today and get workmans comp or get a huge settlement out of the deal. Fingers crossed.
                        At least you have a goal with motivation to work toward
                        Most dont

Comment

This is killing the healthcare industry. The lower wage earners are choosing not to work. The higher paid folks are now working 8 days a week to make up for that, on top of the stress of covid for the last year or so. Now even they are leaving the industry at record numbers because of burn out. Domino effect.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                            At least you have a goal with motivation to work toward
                            Most dont
                            LOL

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                                Im having the hardest time hiring help... seems like Ive had the ad out for 3 months now and 2 of the 3 applicants were no shows for interviews. Usually I have more apps than I can look at!
                                What is the position?
                                Never too late for a career change.

Comment

Working...
                                X