POACHER problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CSATEXAS View Post
    TP&W did arrest my poacher from a couple of years ago. They, along with my game camera photos, built a solid case against the poacher. He was charged with killing a illegal buck out of season, criminal trespass, hunting with an illegal weapon (.22), and harvesting a deer out of season. The assistant DA in Angelina County took the case. Great job TP&W!
    That is something a lot of people may not understand about criminal justice. Let’s say the police show up and arrest a guy for trespassing the day he committed the crime. The suspect gets booked into the county jail and bails himself out a couple of hours later on the misdemeanor. The police compiled the case and submitted it to the district attorney. The district attorney accepted the case, filed it in court and it was sent to the trial docket. It is scheduled to come up for trial six months later but so are six other cases that week, The trial judge opted for the oldest case and the rest of them got put off to the next available docket, maybe six months later. Then six months later……

It might’ve been 20 years ago when a lady complained of drug dealing in her neighborhood and gave some information to the police. A few months later I was talking to her and she was complaining that the police never did anything with her information, they were lazy and blah blah blah. I asked her if they were still dealing in her neighborhood and she said that no, the best she could tell they were not but the police still did not help her.

Well I was on the raid with a warrant when we hit that house since I was on the swat team at the time. We found the drugs and filed the felony charges. The guy had already pleaded guilty to the charges and have been sentenced. The woman thought we did not take her complaint seriously but the guys were convicted partly from her information. It’s just takes time and I wish someone from the narcotics unit would have given her at least a little bit of the information but they did not. Since the guy pleaded guilty, there was no need for any other witnesses and she was simply not informed. She should have been at least out of a courtesy.

I think many times the police move forward with cases and the people that originated the complaint may not even know it and charges have been filed and maybe a person has already been to court. Even if they were informed, sometimes it takes so long to get to trial that it again, looks like nothing is being done. I’m not saying that some police are not without faults but a lot of times cases get hung up in the system. A lot of times, it isn’t the police out of the hold up. An arrest the day of the crime might not get to court for quite a while.
    Last edited by tvc184; 07-15-2021, 12:24 AM.

Comment

I only know that the DA took the case to prosecute. I did hear that the same guy got a divorce and was up for Federal charges on another issue. He no longer lives near my property. I still have cameras up.

Comment

My experience with GW’s has been good except for one.
        Fences cut (you can see where the poachers drove in to get what ever they killed ) aluminum arrows that none of us used. Shooting illegal deer on our side of the fence (eye witness to this). Even caught a poacher in one of our deer stands.
        Nothing was ask about any of the crimes committed but he dang sure wanted our deer lease for himself and his buddies. A real POS!

Comment

Who is it better to contact and deal with trespassers and poachers. Game Wardens or County sheriff.

Comment

^^^^ the county sheriff , game wardens won't do anything unless they were hunting. ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
              Who is it better to contact and deal with trespassers and poachers. Game Wardens or County sheriff.
              don't know who is better but officially you call the County Sheriff since its your property.

Comment

Originally posted by kcmarullo View Post
                ^^^^ the county sheriff , game wardens won't do anything unless they were hunting. ^^^
                Wrong!! The GW in my case was better than the sheriff I tried dealing with. And, my scumbags were trespassing on 4 wheelers, no guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                  Catch them, shoot them in the leg(s), and they will not return...
                  I prefer a partial Misery style approach [emoji375]🪵 [emoji56]

When we go to God by prayer, the devil knows we go to fetch strength against him, and therefore he opposeth us all he can.

R. Sibbes

Comment

Working...
                  X