243 - 95 gr sst bullet performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

243 - 95 gr sst bullet performance

Who uses 95 gr sst bullets in 243? What kind of results do you get on deer, hogs and coyotes?
    I used 165 gr sst in 308, and 123 in 6.5 grendel with good results. I assuming 243 would be similar.
    I bought a CVA pistol in 243 and I was going to reload some sst ammunition for it.

My wife and daughter account for about 10 whitetails a year and they work fantastic you hit them in the shoulder dead deer under 120 yards they usually exit they’re just excellent for Texas whitetails

Comment

Had good results. The 243 with todays bullets is a very underrated all-game rifle.

Comment

I've also had excellent results with SST in both 243 and 308.

Comment

They will work

Comment

Thank you for all the replies.

Comment

The reason I was asking, is this is one of the only bullets I found in stock for 243. I shot a lot of deer, hogs and coyotes with many different calibers and loads. The 308-165gr sst are the best I have used for DRTs, and the 6.5 sst not far behind. I thought there may be something about these I didn’t know.
              Thanks for your replies

Comment

got some factory and handloads in them, haven't had a chance to see what they do on a deer or hog.

Comment

I've killed a lot of critters with the SST bullets in the 243 and other calibers. I like them

Comment

I've used the 95gr SST in .243 to kill a few deer and most ran a little bit (30-50 yards) and didn't bleed much at all but were still very dead.
                    Coyotes wont know what hit them lol.

Comment

If you are interested, I have several 50ct boxes of 80 gr GMX bullets.

I ended up with them by accident.

I would let them go for $40 a box plus shipping.

That is lower than I paid for them but they are too long for weight to shoot in my rifle.

Comment

Blood trails sucks

Comment

I ordered (2) 100 packs of bullets Sunday afternoon and they arrived today. I plan on using IMR 4350 powder with these 95 gr sst. Anybody have a good handload for these they would share?

Comment

I shoot the Barnes 80 gr TTSX out of mine and for my friends daughter I load the Nosler 90gr Accubond.
                            I don't have a load for the bullet you are wanting to shoot.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I use 40.5 gr
                              Not a top end load but does just fine out of 3 different rifles

Comment

Working...
                              X