Lost my GSP last week, looking for a pup soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost my GSP last week, looking for a pup soon

I lost my no. 1 hunting buddy last week to a rattlesnake bite gone bad. Her name was Gretchen and she was an outstanding hunting dog, a pure pointer that loved quail hunting more than anything. She hunted with a few TBH'ers over the years and was always a big hit. She was very social and loved people, usually the life of the party at crawfish boils and get-togethers. She was no Spring chicken, but had some tread left on her tires. This one stings a bit.

With that being said, does anybody know of any GSP litters coming soon? I'm not ready right now, but this Summer would make sense. I'm looking for 2 things - 1) Parents that hunt and are from a hunting bloodline 2) I'd like to put down a deposit and meet and pick pup between 6-8 weeks or so. Not interested in picking pups based on color/looks alone.

If you know of anything please let me know. Looking at breeder recommendations as well.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Birddog66; 05-12-2021, 09:46 AM.

very sorry to hear, love me some GSP's, they are fantastic dogs

Comment

Sorry for your horrible loss.

Comment

Sorry for your loss, I’ve got a buddy near Waco that will have pups July 4th. If interested let me know. I’ll see if I can find some pics from past hunts and post them

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	FD59C0E5-5D5E-493F-9F67-05347609BB94.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	24650483

Here ya go. That’s dad in the front and his 6mo old son behind him. Front this past February

Comment

rutt is a great hog dog shane
            and he’s free
            all shots in place

Comment

also has a great nose
              i’m sure he’d find deer with a little work

Comment

Originally posted by JWalker08 View Post
                [ATTACH]1049241[/ATTACH]

Here ya go. That’s dad in the front and his 6mo old son behind him. Front this past February
                He looks good! I'd very much like to speak with you buddy. I'll pm you my no.

Comment

Originally posted by bughunter View Post
                  rutt is a great hog dog shane
                  and he’s free
                  all shots in place
                  Hey Tommy,

Who is Rutt?

Comment

Man that sucks. I just pucked up my first gsp over the weekend, and those snakes are my biggest fear with him. Avoidance training and talking to my vet about the vaccine are high on my priority list. Hope you find a top notch dog.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

**** snakes
                      sorry for the loss
                      rutt is a bad dude
                      but not a bird dog

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
                        Man that sucks. I just pucked up my first gsp over the weekend, and those snakes are my biggest fear with him. Avoidance training and talking to my vet about the vaccine are high on my priority list. Hope you find a top notch dog.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
                        Yep, it was always a fear of mine too. She went through snake avoidance training twice and did really well the 2nd time. I witnessed her come head to head with a RS one time in Lampasas and she moved right around it, like she was supposed to do. Not sure what happened on the day she got bit, I didn't witness it.

Thanks and good luck with your dog.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your dog. Jason at Bones Fork Kennel in Como has a fantastic litter due in late May. Bonesforkkennel@gmail.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Gretchen. Here’s the thing about GSPs. Lots of them are good dogs, many of them are great dogs, and a few lucky humans like you get to walk the fields with exceptional dogs like Gretchen. Those are awesome pics of Gretchen and all the different birds she hunted with you. Keep those pictures of her handy. Look at them and know Gretchen will always be with you.

Comment

So sorry....God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X