Single rear wheel drive to Dually?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single rear wheel drive to Dually?

Anyone ever made the same conversion on a truck?
    Ive got a single rear wheel short based 2014 F-250
    I'm looking at getting chassis mounted dog box, but am very concerned about the stability/safety of it being on a single rear wheel f-250 vs dual rear wheel.
    They make conversion kits for the hubs and was wondering if anyone ever had done the conversion.
    Not sure the budged could stand for both a newer truck with the box.

Something like this:
    Experts in dually conversions for trucks and vans. Come check out our products: Dually Wheel spacers, 8 to 10 Lug Adapters, 33mm spikes and more!

For something like this:

I had to read this four times to make sure I understand the question. You don't need a dually for a dog box.

Comment

Is the dog box make out of 12" I beam?

Comment

Depends on the weight of the dog box IMO.

Comment

I think your fine without the duality option.

Comment

You’ll be fine with the srw. If you wanted to go DRW, I would bet you’d be better off money wise trading for a dually instead of converting that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That F250 will do fine with the dog box.

Comment

Thanks for the input.
                I've currently got a 3 hole slide in that works fine but limits the bed of the truck so figured why not just put a chassis instead of taking all my stuff in and out each day.

Comment

If your worried about it or it sways a little after mounted get a set of airbags and onboard compressor and put under it. Or just the airbags and leave them inflated to set pressure.

Comment

Seen a truck years ago that did this conversion. 80's dodge with blue plastic barrels for fender extensions...

Comment

Working...
                    X