No announcement yet.

Accord vs. Sonata

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a Sonata for 12 years. Drove it as far as NYC and crossed the country on long trips 5-6 times. It had the electric window controller replaced under warranty.

Total I have bought 4 Hyundais and had for a total of about 20 years. The controller, two headlights and a radio were the fixes needed.
    Last edited by tvc184; 04-08-2021, 01:57 PM.

Comment

You should also consider the Toyota Camry as well. We had a 2008 Camry with 285k miles on it and the only non-maintenance repair I did on it was a fuel pump at 280k.

My daughter has it now and is approaching or over 300k miles on it and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Either brand get the 2.0 turbo accord or the 2.5 turbo sonata. They are both running low 5s 0-60. Shocking what fwd commuter cars can do these days

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Comment

We have a 2014 Sonata that's been a good car. So far, nothing other than routine maintenance.

Been teen driven the last year and 1/2. I figure it must be an ok car to handle that.

Comment

We started to buy an Accord last time but test drove a late model one and it was the roughest, cheapest feeling car I've ever driven. Moved over to a Hyundai Genesis sedan and is the best car we've ever owned so far. Won't find a much smoother ride either, and quiet inside.
            I've never really hear much negative on any Hyundai's.

Comment

I don't think enough can be said about the quality and longevity of the major Japanese auto brands. I've driven Toyota products for years. At 100K miles, they're just hitting their stride. At 300K miles, they still feel like they did when you drove them off the lot. Their resale value is generally petty good, too.

Comment

If you plan to keep it long term, and you're hard on vehicles... Honda or Toyota. Hands down.

If you're someone who puts tons of miles on cars and rotates them out every couple years, you'll probably have ok luck with the Hyundai too

Comment

Was this a serious question?

Comment

I own a Honda, Toyota and Infinity (Nissan). What's missing from this list?

Comment

Honda.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                        I own a Honda, Toyota and Infinity (Nissan). What's missing from this list?
                        A real truck....

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                          A real truck....
                          Haha. Let me guess...Chevy guy? It’s all fun and games until the GM hits 100k miles. My Tundra will still have the new truck smell at 100k.
                          Last edited by ShockValue; 04-08-2021, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Wife had a 2016 accord sport. Nice loooking car and lots of leg room. The trunk is huge as well.

Traded it in for an 18 Accord sport. Looked even nicer with just as much room inside.

Both avg 30-32 mpg.

Nothing against Hyundai, that’s just my experience.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockValue View Post
                              Haha. Let me guess...Chevy guy? It’s all fun and games until the GM hits 100k miles. My Tundra will still have the new truck smell at 100k.
                              Lol! Nope. I have owned them all...Not bias toward any. Currently driving a 16 Powerstroke. 87k miles no issues. BIL with same truck is at 230k miles and no issues...
                              If I bought a half ton this year it would probably be a tundra. If they go turbocharged after this year, I am out.
                              I do find it funny tbh tundra owners have no issues, but folks I know that own one don’t think it’s anything special. None have bought another tundra after initial purchase.

Comment

Sounds like you should be looking at Accord vs Camry.

Comment

Working...
                                X