• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
    Pee in the fire? [emoji2369]
    Man who fishes with bait says

He who pee in fire make smoke smell

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Leemo. Prayers up for your brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
        My BILs redfish farm in Caranchua.......they just started floating today

That’s dang tragic! Pretty sure my buddy John Hafernick works on that farm.

Comment

Surf is still good at PINS. I went yesterday and only saw dead fish for the first 5 miles or so. Those are supposedly washing out from packery. Tons of hard heads and puffer fish. Quite a few trout and snook as well.

Caught 4 slot drum 20 to 27 and a few oversized. 1 keeper red at 26 and 5 or 6 good whiting. Beautiful weather and a great day on the sand!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post
            Surf is still good at PINS. I went yesterday and only saw dead fish for the first 5 miles or so. Those are supposedly washing out from packery. Tons of hard heads and puffer fish. Quite a few trout and snook as well.

Caught 4 slot drum 20 to 27 and a few oversized. 1 keeper red at 26 and 5 or 6 good whiting. Beautiful weather and a great day on the sand!
            Thanks for the report!

Comment

Originally posted by doug View Post

Hafe to hear it about the snook but figured they would be hit pretty hard. They were really starting to make a comeback again too.

Thanks for the report

Comment

I guess I picked the wrong time to get back into bay fishing....

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                  No sir! You will just get to see it get better as you go, IF we can keep a few years between freezes!

Comment

Originally posted by Birddog66 View Post
                    I don't think so. Depending on where you fish it may be a little slower this year and next year but you'll be surprised how fast it bounces back. Plus there are plenty of opportunities besides trout. There will still be plenty of fish to be caught.

Comment

There must be a bite going on in the Bernard river, there were about 15 boat trailers at the ramp yesterday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                        No sir! You will just get to see it get better as you go, IF we can keep a few years between freezes!

Originally posted by Capt Glenn View Post
                        I don't think so. Depending on where you fish it may be a little slower this year and next year but you'll be surprised how fast it bounces back. Plus there are plenty of opportunities besides trout. There will still be plenty of fish to be caught.
                        That's good to hear! Thanks! I've got trips planned in Mar and April and have guys freaking out a little bit.
                        Last edited by Birddog66; 02-24-2021, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Prob not going to be worth going for a few years guys, especially to East Matagorda. Y'all should take up golfing or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jet Black View Post
                            Prob not going to be worth going for a few years guys, especially to East Matagorda. Y'all should take up golfing or something.
                            LOL! Meanie!! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              There must be a bite going on in the Bernard river, there were about 15 boat trailers at the ramp yesterday evening.
                              My understanding is that there have been some good catches up and down the intracoastal and in the rivers. Fish linger in the deeper water for a while after a freeze. I've also heard that the usual suspects went to snagging fish in the Port Mansfield Harbor as soon as TP&W lifted restrictions.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                                My understanding is that there have been some good catches up and down the intracoastal and in the rivers. Fish linger in the deeper water for a while after a freeze. I've also heard that the usual suspects went to snagging fish in the Port Mansfield Harbor as soon as TP&W lifted restrictions.
                                I heard so much talk from fisherman and guides both that asked people to respect the resource and stay off the water for a few weeks until TP&W had a chance to assess the damage and the fish have a chance to get back in their normal patterns. That didn't last long.

Comment

Working...
                                X