Dog peeing on all of my lounging contraptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog peeing on all of my lounging contraptions

Like the title says. I have a 10 year old female Australian Shepherd who will occasionally pee on the couch or our bed and I'm not sure what to do about it. A few months after we got a new mattress she pee'd on the side where my wife sleeps. We got a new couch and she pee'd in the spot where my wife usually sits.

I am her favorite, followed by the kids, with the wife dragging up the rear. Not sure if that has something to do with it.

Any way to get them to stop doing this other than locking them up all the time? She doesn't have any issues controlling herself so that's not it. It seems more like a territory thing.

Humping is out of the question since she is already peeing.

Limit water, and watch her like a hawk... Jump all over her if she pees anywhere she isnt supposed to.

Simultaneously, be very regimented in taking her out. And give treats and praise when she gets out there and does it right

Basically treat her like a pup....

Is she laying on the couch when it happens? At 10 incontenance is a possibility

Comment

Leave her outside

Comment

Originally posted by catslayer View Post
        Limit water, and watch her like a hawk... Jump all over her if she pees anywhere she isnt supposed to.

Simultaneously, be very regimented in taking her out. And give treats and praise when she gets out there and does it right

Basically treat her like a pup....

Is she laying on the couch when it happens? At 10 incontenance is a possibility
        She used to lay on our old couch. It was leather and easy to clean. New one is fabric so she's not allowed on it. Not allowed on the bed either.

My guess is she's doing this when my daughter is home with her and doesn't stay in the common areas. When we all leave I keep her in the bathroom.

Comment

Well, they are designed to be outside

Comment

Is she fixed? Some females if they aren't will spot pee in certain areas. Might talk to your vet too especially since she is up in age.

Comment

Older dogs sometimes have bladder problems. Our 11 year old Heeler has a growth in her bladder that she is being treated for. She had a leaking problem but it is gone now with the treatments.

Comment

10 years old.......senile? Outside in a heartbeat after the vet rules out any other issues.

Comment

Get rid of the wife.

Comment

Yes-
                    I had a female catahoula that would pee on things outta jealousy. She even peed on my GF's back once.
                    Also had a male that would pee on his leftover food or empty dish so the other male wound't eat it.
                    I'd throw on a diaper on her!

Comment

we had that problem with our dog and the vet put her on a medication called proin. She was doing it mainly when she was asleep, and really had no control of it. It's helped alot.

Comment

Rub her nose in while also whipping that azz and she will get the hint.

Comment

Our 15 year old Maltese does this, but I think it's out of spite.
                          He tolerates Konnor, will let me hold and pet him, but he loves Tina.
                          When she's gone, he'll pee on either our bathroom rug or the rug in front of the kitchen sink.
                          Or, he'll take a crap in Konnor's room.

Part of me thinks it's because he's old.

Part of me thinks it's because he's an *******!

Comment

Get vet check
                            She might have underlying issues

Otherwise leave her outside... I built a cage that leads to doggy door so mine can go out whenever she wants but only is inside house when I open the cage and am home

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                              Leave her outside
                              My wife has the access code, she’ll get right back in. I’ve tried.

Comment

Working...
                              X