110 electrical wiring color question for Electrician

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

110 electrical wiring color question for Electrician

Need to splice these two wires together. 110 LED light. Making the cord longer with use of an extension cord. What colors go together?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can not see the photo but id imagine the light cord is a blue and brown from across the pond. If so then blue to white brown to black. Learned that when i use to rebuild industrial electronics, old man always said that blue is neu

Comment

Comment

As Biden would say...Come on Man...
        Color to color...always. If you are using a flat two wire extension cord. One side will have lines and the other side will be rounded. Make sure they match. You neutral wire should be the one that is matched with the larger of the blades on the male plug.
        If you are using a round cord with three colors. Black, white and green.
        Color to color. Black will be hot, white will be neutral and green ALWAYS is ground.
        Got it?
        EDIT...
        Ahhh As I was typing the pic came in. I did not see your European wiring.
        Any green(or green tracer) is universal ground. Brown to black and white to blue.
        Last edited by Tony Pic; 10-27-2020, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Like DK said.

Comment

I ran into this the other day with a power supply here's the colors I toned out.

Yellow/green is your ground = Green
            Blue is Netural = White
            Brown is Line/hot = Black

Can always use a multimeter to do a continuity check but I'm pretty positive this is what I got.

Comment

Originally posted by DK1555 View Post
              I can not see the photo but id imagine the light cord is a blue and brown from across the pond. If so then blue to white brown to black. Learned that when i use to rebuild industrial electronics, old man always said that blue is neu

Thank you! I appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
              X