SpaceX 60 satellites launch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SpaceX 60 satellites launch

Anyone else see the long straight string of lights across the sky Saturday night?

Had us all thinking it was a invasion from space - ha ha

SpaceX launch

Spectacular - now you see it, now you don't, as the lights went out of view

Plans are to send up 42,000 SpaceX satellites so if you missed this one, good chance you will see one in the future

42,000?! Dang,that's alot of satellites!

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

No I didn’t, I was in Union Grove trying to zap some hogs. We were out until 2300, but quite a bit of cloud cover.

Would have been cool to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I’m afraid Elon is
        Going to screw up the view. I appreciate what he’s doing and I appreciate space everything but there should be limits. As of now I still have not see the line

Comment

Lots of scrap metal to possibly come crashing back to earth at some point

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            I’m afraid Elon is
            Going to screw up the view. I appreciate what he’s doing and I appreciate space everything but there should be limits. As of now I still have not see the line
            This is just the start.

I'm planning on a vacation in the Summer just to stargaze. May be last time the sky isn't completely *******ized.

Comment

I saw it after our hunt. It was wild, could not believe what we saw

Comment

A bunch of us saw them this last January at a draw hunt at Garner SP. We were all loading up in the back of the trucks to go out the first morning when someone spotted them. Pretty cool

Comment

Yep, we were at a family gathering when someone saw it. Was there long enough that several of us took pics- but didn't have a clue what it was we were seeing. Thanks for clearing it up!!

Comment

I saw the satellites a few nights ago. Pretty wild. Had no idea what they were until I did some searching.

Comment

Originally posted by Olympic Recurve View Post
                      I saw it after our hunt. It was wild, could not believe what we saw
                      Same, I was out on Fork all night, and we had a front row seat.
                      Wild looking!
                      Been seeing them for awhile, but nothing like what came over Sat night.

Comment

Was camping Sunday and seen it go right over us. Had to get my tin foil hat on!

Comment

Were they launching them or were they just passing overhead?

There’s already massive amounts of space junk up there, at some point they’ll have to go do a trash run and remove some of it just to be able to launch without hitting something on the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Were they launching them or were they just passing overhead?

There’s already massive amounts of space junk up there, at some point they’ll have to go do a trash run and remove some of it just to be able to launch without hitting something on the way up.
                            Just passing. Not my video but pretty much what I saw.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgysWWwESfU"]STARLINK satellites train seen from earth - SpaceX Elon Musk - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by LWC View Post
                              Just passing. Not my video but pretty much what I saw.

STARLINK satellites train seen from earth - SpaceX Elon Musk - YouTube
                              That’s crazy, thanks for posting.

Anyone know what their purpose is?

Comment

Working...
                              X