No announcement yet.

Dreaded medical procedure!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just a reminder fellas, it's almost proctober.

Comment

Mine haven't been bad. Number 1 thing I do is make up huge batch of chicken and vegetable broth for day prior. Boil rotisserie chicken carcass, skin, fat, wings legs with a bunch of vegetables. Pour through strainer and now chicken broth that actually tastes great vs a can of broth. My preps don't seem to last long till I'm cleaned out.

Comment

Glad you got it done. Nobody should die of colon cancer. Scopes can prevent this slow growing disease that will kill you if you ignore it for a decade or more.

Comment

I had it done last year and they removed 7 polyps, every 3 yrs I’m supposed to have it done. After the procedure wasn’t bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
            Its not that bad. The worse part of it is drinking that "crappy" liquid. You are not completely out during the procedure, but you cant feel anything. Just don't look at that tube coiled up on the table marked off in FEET, and you will be fine.
            This seems "old school" to me if that makes sense. For one, that sleepy juice knocked me way out. I will say, a friend of mine showed up for his by himself so he had no one to drive him home....so he didn't get the good stuff.
            Also, I thought the days of drinking the mud were gone. My prep was dulcolax tablets first, then a couple 32oz. bottles of gatorade with mirolax mixed in it. That's it. Lil while after that potion and your skeetin clean!
            Anyhoo, seemed easy compared to what your trying to avoid/prevent. GITRDUN!

Comment

had it done last year, all went well. For what you are paying have fun.
              get your wife to write on your butt with a marker, Hole this direction with an arrow.
              and go gentle, its my first time on the other cheek.
              not responsible for overtime delays with the procedure. if it helps me live longer to bug my wife and kids, its worth it.
              good luck.

Comment

had my 1st 5 years ago and my second was last week...not a big deal at all except for drinking that awful prep...I think I could make some serious money if I could come up w a good tasting one!haha

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  I will give you the best advice I can. Baby wipes for sensitive skin. And more than one pack and start with them - don't wait until you are raw. Procedure is nothing its getting ready that hurts.
                  Start out blotting instead of wiping. You will thank me later.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    Ain’t nothing to it. Simple procedure and done while knocked out. If that’s the worst you ever go through then count your blessings and thank God.

Hope you never have to go through the Archaic, Medieval Torture of a prostrate biopsy.
                    I had a coworker telling me about his test a few days ago. Basically they take something the size of the barrel end of a baseball bat.....

Comment

in the ole days it was a flashlight on rebar with some duct tape

Comment

Hyperplastic polyp was what mine was. Doc said good to go for another 10 years!

Comment

Had my first one 2 years ago. I was really apprehensive as it was the only time I've ever had general anesthetic but really it just felt like the most relaxing nap ever and it turned out I had some precancerous polyps so I'm on the two year plan now and I don't need to worry about dying of colon cancer. Win/Win

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                            I had a coworker telling me about his test a few days ago. Basically they take something the size of the barrel end of a baseball bat.....
                            AND THEY TAKE 12 FREEKIN CORE SAMPLES...WHILE YOU’RE AWAKE!

Doc said they want to do another biopsy on me, told them no, just cut that mother out.

Comment

My wife has had 3 and 36 years, man up!

Comment

Nothin to it. Last thing I remember was flirtin with the hot anesthesiologist, and then woke up and felt like i had the best sleep ever. Unfortunately, they found 1 benign polyp, so I only get 5 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X