Popup blind platform build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup blind platform build

Built an elevated platform for the popup this past week and was able to set it up over the weekend.
    I was lucky enough to have all the wood I would need on hand.

Framed it out with 2x6s and 2x4s - added another 2x4 after pic was taken
    Added the elevator brackets with 2ft long 4x4s
    Used 1x6 treated pickets I had leftover for the decking.
    Was able to get it loaded up on the truck Friday right before the rain hit
    Got it all setup the next day.
    Attached Files

Nice job! I have built two the only way to hunt a pop up.

Comment

I think that will work great for you. I did about the same thing this summer at my place. Ended up being about 4' to top of platform.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looks great. Good inspiration for me to do the same. Maybe next year!

Comment

I originally was going with 4ft legs but was a little to high for where it was going. Are you using that ladder for steps?

Comment

Looks nice!

Comment

Originally posted by BetramHunter View Post
              I originally was going with 4ft legs but was a little to high for where it was going. Are you using that ladder for steps?
              LOL... Yes. I had an old aluminum ladder handy. Just ran a screw through it into the 2x6.... Instant steps.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

How long do you leave them out before hunting? I set up a few pop-ups opening day but I wont hunt them until November because in my experience the deer notice them and usually aren't a fan unless they are there a while. Very interested in this elevated setup

Comment

Originally posted by Witchita View Post
                  How long do you leave them out before hunting? I set up a few pop-ups opening day but I wont hunt them until November because in my experience the deer notice them and usually aren't a fan unless they are there a while. Very interested in this elevated setup
                  I set this one out in August. According to the camera it didn't bother the deer much. I've heard some guys leave them out year round but the Panhandle wind would shred it, I think. I'll probably take the pop up off after the season then put it back in August again.
                  As far as the platform... I just wanted to be up off the ground and critters. It was a cheap build. I had some 2x6 & 2x4 lumber laying around for the frame. I bought a couple of sheets of pressed wood for the deck. Then I went to Lowe's and Home Depot and dug through the miss-mixed paint and found some green and brown paint to use to seal the wood up.
                  I bought a couple of treated 4x4's 8ft and cut them in half for legs. The most expensive thing I bought was the elevators brackets to tie legs to the deck. Money well spent. It's rock steady.

Comment

Ok sweet, I will consider that for next season. Yeah I made the mistake of leaving one up all year in Del Rio and needless to say it was destroyed.

Comment

Holler anytime. I'll tell you what I know.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas fellas. Built one a couple weeks ago. Used Simpson Strongties brackets for the corners. Next one I think I’ll do without and just go with carriage bolts in the corners. It’s rock solid and level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                          Thanks for the ideas fellas. Built one a couple weeks ago. Used Simpson Strongties brackets for the corners. Next one I think I’ll do without and just go with carriage bolts in the corners. It’s rock solid and level.

That’s very nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post

Looks great! Good luck

Comment

Here's mine. Grandson wants to hunt this year so I built this for the popup. Dont judge it too hard, I used only the scrap wood I had. Only thing I bought was the paint.

In place

Inspecting my work

Inspection passed

All brushed in

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X