Public Hunting Tracking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public Hunting Tracking

Im a month or so into really getting into all the public hunting research. Do to the current economic climate I am not duck hunting crazy this year.

So I am diving back into the public side. I am a strategic business dev ops guy professionally. I like to see everything and its current states, where we are in the process, what is the next hurdle to overcome, etc....

My question to everyone is how do you keep track of:
    - What draws have I put in for?
    - What is needed for each parcel
    - Locations
    - check ins
    - dates
    - etc

what are some of yalls tips and tricks?

Originally posted by trykonroye View Post
    Im a month or so into really getting into all the public hunting research. Do to the current economic climate I am not duck hunting crazy this year.

So I am diving back into the public side. I am a strategic business dev ops guy professionally. I like to see everything and its current states, where we are in the process, what is the next hurdle to overcome, etc....

My question to everyone is how do you keep track of:
    - What draws have I put in for?
    - What is needed for each parcel
    - Locations
    - check ins
    - dates
    - etc

what are some of yalls tips and tricks?
    I've got spreadsheets built out that I just add on to each year.

Comment

I started a spreadsheet too. Totally nerding out!

I set mine up with tabs for each location.
      care shareing how yours is setup?

Comment

Texas keeps track of everything for you. I have not ventured beyond Texas much but I might keep tabs on things if I become serious with public hunting outside of Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
          Texas keeps track of everything for you. I have not ventured beyond Texas much but I might keep tabs on things if I become serious with public hunting outside of Texas.

I was going to say, I initially started to make a spreadsheet, but saw that TPWD already keeps track of all that. You can even go back and see hunts you previously applied for by year.

Really the only thing I could see nerding out on would be for next year. To get data on these drawn hunts, and see how the cubed loyalty points affects the number of applicants per drawn hunt. Then, doing the math and generating the yearly odds to strategize which hunts are worthy of the application.

Comment

I do mine for Texas and started applying out west last year so tracking that too. On Texas I like to look at odds and all that. There is no need because tpwd makes it easy but I find it entertaining.

This year I’m gonna to start tracking all the info from days in the field too. David Mangum does it with fishing and says there is a lot of stuff he thought was random that he can now point to good and bad days because he has logged every day on the water for the last so many years

Comment

Spreadsheet, but I’ve only done it for 5 years. Been doing draw hunts 25+ probably sure wish I’d have started some note taking way back then. I can still remember a lot of my kills but sure would be nice to have that record now. I’m sure most of you youngsters are all over the data collection. You’ll enjoy it later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

good

Comment

Working...
                X