Idea's Needed..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Idea's Needed..

Our 20 year anniversary is coming up in October, Looking for ideas to take her somewhere. We will have about 4 days off, Vegas is out of the question and she does not hunt or fish. I was thinking New Orleans since she has never been but I hate that place. I thought about the Smoky Mountains to see the leaves changing, but after you see it what else could you do?

Throw me some idea's

So what does she like to do?

Comment

Originally posted by DKirk View Post
      So what does she like to do?
      she's pretty simple and easy going, she's into crafting stuff, making vinyl stickers, t-shirts designs and Truly's

Comment

We did Lake Tahoe last year for our anniversary. Enjoyed it alot. Stayed at Edgewood...pretty swanky place!

Comment

October would be a good time for the below road trip in Arkansas

Get a cabin at Devils Den State Park - Old cabins, completely updated bathrooms, kitchens, etc. Great stone fireplaces so take a few logs to throw on (one or two nights) cook her a steak. Beautiful setting in valley with stream, walking trails, etc

Then go spend a night in Eureka Springs - Great small town. PM if interested as we have a contact on nice cabins 1 mile out of town (3 of them total so small place)

Then the must do is go to Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville. (Walton family money and art, World class museum, architechural building, and great grounds with walking trails, bike trails etc. Stay the night at hotel 21 (great upscale place and great restaurant.

Comment

I hate to say it but NYC is incredible. The history, museums, sites, food, etc. Trust me, chicks dig it.

Comment

Check out Sage Hill Inn. Fantastic food. Close to many areas to do day trips. Breakfast and dinner included. My wife and I really liked it. Hope they are still open.

Comment

Charleston SC or Savannah GA or Amelia Island, FLA

Of course all three are subject to the weather of hurricane season, however early Oct is past the prime of the season.

Comment

east coast in the fall would be hard to beat... Maine....

Montana would also be beautiful. I would also consider Jackson Hole...

Comment

Take a first class train to New Orleans. 10 hour ride. get there spend the night, turn around and come back. <we don't want to know what your going to do for 10 hours on a train> But it is your anniversary. ;-)

Comment

Hot Springs is a cool and easy place to check out!!

Comment

many don't consider the covid to be real. But some places are having a tough time with the pandemic much more so than around here. So places of interest like NYC & NO may not be in your best interest to visit this year. Save them for another time.

Comment

Anywhere but New Orleans, sorry not much help

Comment

Eureka Springs Arkansas

Comment

My wife is crafty also and does not hunt and fish. She enjoys Santa Fe. She also likes taking pictures in the rockies when the aspens are turning. So I might do a road trip to Santa Fe and Pagosa Springs. She complained to me for years about not ever taking her to New Orleans until I finally broke down a took her. She agreed I was right and asked that I never carry her back.

Comment

Working...
                              X