SR Ranch Cabin Build DIY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SR Ranch Cabin Build DIY

We will be building a 1050 SQFt 2 bedroom cabin on a piece of property we were fortunate enough to purchase from my parents in Meyersville TX.

I will be doing everything myself, except for hiring a carpenter to work alongside me and be the brains for the the dry in, and hiring out Sheetrock! I don’t do Sheetrock!

Here is the area we will be building

And here is the view from the front porch

My wife and I hope to build a bigger house in the near future. We have an 16 month old and she is due with a second child in November. So we are shooting for a land speed record to put this baby together! Wanting to be move in ready around the first or second week of September!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like a good spot!

Comment

Will follow. Good luck

Comment

I can't wait to see what you put together. I'm doing something similar myself right now and brother I tell you it's a ton of work and you will have little to no time for anything else, but it will be worth it. Every little achievement you make is a step towards the future of the family is how I look at it. Keep us posted.

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Very ambitious Move in date, but I’m pulling for you.
            We did a mueller building and built The interior out ourselves. (1,200 sq ft)

Funny, Just like you. I put my foot down and said I ain’t doing Sheetrock
            Neighbor was in that business and had it done in no time.
            Post your plans if you have time.

Be careful and best of luck.

BP

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
              Very ambitious Move in date, but I’m pulling for you.
              We did a mueller building and built The interior out ourselves. (1,200 sq ft)

Funny, Just like you. I put my foot down and said I ain’t doing Sheetrock
              Neighbor was in that business and had it done in no time.
              Post your plans if you have time.

Be careful and best of luck.

BP

Do you mind me asking what’s a reasonable rate to pay and time frame for the Sheetrock??

Comment

I am not to far from HWY183/FM237 and will follow this thread. I can be pretty handy with a hammer if you need help.

Comment

wait a 16mo old and one due in 4 months, good lord give the woman a break!

Looks great, good luck on the build will be following along

Comment

I have no clue what sheetrock would cost, but I don't want anything to do with it in our little house. We decided we will be putting OSB all over then doing a BC sanded plywood ship lap over that and putting metal U panel on the ceiling. I think the U panel comes out to be about .50 cents a sqft.

Comment

SR Ranch Cabin Build DIY

Originally posted by dpg481 View Post
                      I have no clue what sheetrock would cost, but I don't want anything to do with it in our little house. We decided we will be putting OSB all over then doing a BC sanded plywood ship lap over that and putting metal U panel on the ceiling. I think the U panel comes out to be about .50 cents a sqft.

We are doing r panel for the ceiling in the living and kitchen areas..

Wanted to do full sheet rock in the bedroom areas for cost and “conventionality”.... gotta make momma happy!

Last edited by bowfishin fool; 07-16-2020, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bowfishin fool View Post
                        We are doing r panel for the ceiling in the living and kitchen areas..

Wanted to do full sheet rock in the living areas for cost and “conventionality”.... gotta make momma happy!

Look up the U-panel and mini rib panel profiles, they are all listed on the metal mart website. I like the profile of the mini rib because it only has a depth of 3/8 of an inch. That will help when putting light fixtures and A/C vents in to make a cleaner look. I totally understand compromising with the wife, we are about to be on year 17.

Comment

Got our account setup at the local lumber yard... and came home with a pallet of concrete for the pilings

Bob G (my Dad) will be out with the bobcat and auger tomorrow so we can line up and punch down holes!

Comment

Started with the holes for the pilings yesterday. Using an 8” auger to set 48” into the ground

Here’s my old man taking his infamous rest breaks!

Concreted 4.5” casing with 6”x8” plates welded on top. Here is first wall. I’ll get a better picture of all of them when we finish today

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                              X