Traditional FSCs week 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional FSCs week 25

Okay this one is a pretty simple target. Get a paper plate and make a circle in the middle about an inch and a half in diameter. It doesn't have to be exact. Color it in so you can see it well and have a good focal point at longer range. If you don't have a paper plate just use a plain sheet of paper.
    This is for your first shot per day every day this week. Seven shots maximum.
    Everyone's day one shot will be taken at 4 yards. Each day you hit the target the next days shot after that will step back 4 yards. If you hit the plate all seven days you would end up with Saturday's shot at 28 yards. Although I doubt most of us (well at least me) will get that far back. You cannot advance back until you hit the plate. So if you miss at 16 on day four but hit it on day five then on day six you shoot at 20.
    You do not have to shoot all seven days.
    If you cannot get out to 24 or 28 yards on your home range and you get that far in the sequence I have a plan for that and we can cross that bridge if and when we get to it.
    Most arrows on the target at weeks end wins the call.

Gary

Nice, Gary!

Deceptively simple: basically hit the "kill zone" on a medium size game animal at increasing range. In 3D, you'd never get less than 240 on a 30-target course doing this -- getting 8s or better -- yet .... it's not so easy.

Comment

And on most TBOT courses 28 yards is the long shot.

Gary

Comment

4 yards kneeling.

Gary

Comment

Alright! Good start!

Comment

Good call and good shot Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Alright! Good start!
              Good start? The lower limb clipped the dirt. I'm lucky if I hit the backstop much less the plate.[emoji1787][emoji23][emoji1787]

Gary

Comment

I like 4 yards. From 1 knee.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Now that's a good shot.

Gary

Comment

Thanks. Both still score "1" Plate Hit, right?

Some might think a 4-yard shot never happens, but I seem to recall seeing videos of:
                    a bear coming within arrow-length of a hunter in a ground blind; also, saw a hunter kill an elk inside of 5 yards; and deer have stuck their heads into ground blinds. So, this is a legit distance to shoot, I would say.

Comment

Shot a pig at 3 yards from my knees once.

Gary

Comment

Was able to shoot this one in the garage... and I get to move back. Win! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[emoji106]

Gary

Comment

After last week's shooting, I was surprised that I even hit the plate at 4 yards.

Day 1 @4

Comment

Nice!

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X