• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anywhere but New Orleans.

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
      October would be a good time for the below road trip in Arkansas

Get a cabin at Devils Den State Park - Old cabins, completely updated bathrooms, kitchens, etc. Great stone fireplaces so take a few logs to throw on (one or two nights) cook her a steak. Beautiful setting in valley with stream, walking trails, etc

Then go spend a night in Eureka Springs - Great small town. PM if interested as we have a contact on nice cabins 1 mile out of town (3 of them total so small place)

Then the must do is go to Crystal Bridges Museum in Bentonville. (Walton family money and art, World class museum, architechural building, and great grounds with walking trails, bike trails etc. Stay the night at hotel 21 (great upscale place and great restaurant.
      Good info. Thanks

Comment

Deadwood, SD

Comment

Originally posted by Smokeater View Post
          We did Lake Tahoe last year for our anniversary. Enjoyed it alot. Stayed at Edgewood...pretty swanky place!
          We're thinking about Tahoe in early December. Never been.

Comment

Nashville TN. plenty to do there.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigDarder View Post
              Our 20 year anniversary is coming up in October, Looking for ideas to take her somewhere. We will have about 4 days off, Vegas is out of the question and she does not hunt or fish. I was thinking New Orleans since she has never been but I hate that place. I thought about the Smoky Mountains to see the leaves changing, but after you see it what else could you do?

Throw me some idea's
              The Smokey Mtns are a great option. Lots of natural sights to see as well as lots of things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It is mine and my wife's favorite getaway for a quick trip. Flights into Knoxville are usually very cheap and it's a great small airport. There are lots of nice cabin options with great views in the Gatlinburg area.

Comment

We are looking at Frdricksburg for out anniverary in Oct, We did have a cruise booked but that didnt work out. Considered Cancun but i think we are gonna stay closer this year

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  The Smokey Mtns are a great option. Lots of natural sights to see as well as lots of things to do in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. It is mine and my wife's favorite getaway for a quick trip. Flights into Knoxville are usually very cheap and it's a great small airport. There are lots of nice cabin options with great views in the Gatlinburg area.
                  This

Comment

Big Cedar Lodge on Table Rock Lake in Branson, MO. It will be beautiful that time of year.

Comment

New Orleans is out of the question, I mentioned the Lake Tahoe thing and she lit up. Im not ruling Tennessee, Missouri, Kentucky. I’d like to see that area. Thank you guys for some ideas.

Comment

Let this be a lesson to those getting married, AVOID hunting season!!! Lol

I second anything in the smokey mountains. Lots of history, great food, great people, and amazing views to be had.

Comment

Never thought I'd enjoy it but last October my wife and I flew in to Boston and the drove up through New Hampshire and into Kennebunkport, Maine to see the leaves changing.

Trip should include the ride up Mount Washington, New Hampshire.

Southwest Flights and some planning and it wasn't too expensive either.

Comment

Lake City Co. stay in a cabin rent a jeep and take the passes over engineer pass and back over cinnamon pass.

Comment

Durango Colorado and ride the train to Silverton. Scenic trip and Silverton is a neat little town. Or the Santa Fe trip that PlanoDano suggested with a day trip up to Chama and ride the train out of there.

Comment

Waffle House for steak and eggs!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X