No announcement yet.

Austin, Tx crime rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im on the north side of town a few days a week. No issues. Seems the same.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
      which vote was that?

this is the worst of ill-informed, hack political propaganda. Are you suggesting that the City Council voted to defund the police (they did not) and somehow there's a direct link to murders that happened before any of the protests took place? seriously?
      He absolutely despises Austin and the Longhorns. Dude is plumb ate up with it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I listen to KLBJ 590 during my work day. About two weeks ago, Mark and Melinda talked to a APD union rep who said many city council members (with exception of Greg Casar) did not want to defund APD. Problem is they are afraid for the social media retaliation if they do not. Basically Austin CC has no NADS!

IMO I think Austin CC is lying to APD and do want to defund them!

Comment

There voting today to defund the police. I will guarantee you this will change Austin forever and take years to clean up the mess!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
            There voting today to defund the police. I will guarantee you this will change Austin forever and take years to clean up the mess!!!
            Wonder if Tesla will continue to build there if they do...

Comment

As the population grows, and number of officers reduced, crime will increase. End of story.

Comment

Tesla is not building in Austin. They will be out East of town. Musk learned he didn’t want big city regulations - TESLA will be Lockhart -Manor focused and I’m guessing multiple campuses like Dell Computers

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  Tesla is not building in Austin. They will be out East of town. Musk learned he didn’t want big city regulations - TESLA will be Lockhart -Manor focused and I’m guessing multiple campuses like Dell Computers
                  The Telsa site is on 2,100 acres at 130 and Harold Green Road

Comment

Reporting on precentages like this is what the are doing for covid too. Completely misleading.

Comment

TESLA started turning ground the day he broke the news. It's in del valle, but I don't know if that falls in Austin etj or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin Darts View Post
                        The Telsa site is on 2,100 acres at 130 and Harold Green Road
                        Correct. It's right off SH130, not far from the airport. Per Google Maps, the Tesla site sits outside the City of Austin boundary.
                        Last edited by simek; 08-12-2020, 11:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                          Tesla is in the ETJ of Austin. You don’t think they’ll annex that area like they did with COTA?

Comment

I betcha Musk will have some say so in the annextation.

Comment

The Mayor and CC are all a bunch of complete Morons. "Defunding" the Police! How completely stupid can anyone be? Use to proudly say I was from Austin, Texas. Moved out to the suburbs 25 yrs ago to get away from the "Weird" element. Now I never tell anyone I live anywhere near Austin. It has become a cesspool and it will only get worse.

Comment

I'd say the Mayor finally found a way to create affordable housing.

Comment

Working...
                                X