No announcement yet.

New kayak purchase—need help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go Hobie and then you can add the trolling motor in the hole the pedal drive goes in.....it is the ticket!

I think you can even buy the motor now to fit or it is an easy DIY project to make.

My Outback is super stable and does well in Fresh and Saltwater.

Comment

Did y'all skip the kayaks?

Pic floating around FB of a woman that resembles your wife holding a red.

Comment

Mariner sales in Dallas is amazing, I am working with them now to pick up a old town 106 minn Kota. Great people over there

Comment

My buddy and I bought some kayaks about 2 months ago. He boughts the Pro Angler 14, and I bought the Native Titan 13.5. I'm a big guy, so I liked the extra width on the titan 13.5, but **** is it heavy.

In retrospect, I wish I would have bought the Hobie PA14. It's much more crisp, engineered better, and just a great fishing platform. thought I was going to save $800 and be better off, but I regret not getting the Hobie.

Comment

I got a lightning strike hd on order. Gonna swap out regular fins with st or st turbo. Half the price as Hobie Outbacks.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
              I got a lightning strike hd on order. Gonna swap out regular fins with st or st turbo. Half the price as Hobie Outbacks.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk
              I hadn't seen them, I wonder how they handle offshore. Definitely looking into this yak.

Comment

Well, I pulled the trigger on a Wilderness Systems Radar 115 late last week and paddled it over the weekend. A really nice and stable kayak that paddles great but gives me the option of adding the helix pedal drive or even the motor drive in the future.

I am 5’11”, 230 lbs and I can stand up in this kayak and feel stable. A lot of really nice features and looking forward to getting it rigged up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

just in case you are still looking I have a good friend who lives in Amarillo that has a pro angler for sale at the moment.... At least I think he still has it

name is Allen Cain (Cain Carpet Care there in Amarillo)

806-six 7nineseven 1eight9

Comment

Hey Doc did you ever make a decision on a kayak? I have also been looking hard for the right Fit for me.

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                      Hey Doc did you ever make a decision on a kayak? I have also been looking hard for the right Fit for me.
                      I didn’t buy one and now hunting season is about on us. I think I’ll hold off until spring. I have a pretty busy fall and winter.

Comment

Yeah I feel the same way and leaning towards holding off for Demo Days in Austin this coming spring. I really love fly fishing out of my kayak but tired of fighting my direction with a paddle.

Comment

Ive got the Jackson its a great boat for big guys but its a Heavy MoFo and Difficult to load if your by yourself and using a rack, in the water its hard to beat

Comment

Originally posted by recar View Post
                            I am a big guy.. 6'2 305. I have a Native Titan 12 with the pedal drive. I got it a month ago. This thing is a beast. super stable and glides through the water. The pedal drive is smooth and can go forward and backwards.
                            Yes, and I much prefer the pedal system on the native, like a bike. I didn’t care for the hobbie ( push pull) it just felt weird.

Comment

Originally posted by docmay View Post
                              I didn’t buy one and now hunting season is about on us. I think I’ll hold off until spring. I have a pretty busy fall and winter.
                              Better get it in winter so you are ready in the spring 😬

Comment

I have used my dads 14’ Pro Angler and man is it fast and stable. Such an easy ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X