No announcement yet.

2019 Gonzales County buck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome buck. I grew up in Gonzales County. There are not a ton of deer but there are some nice ones!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

badd azz, congrats!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1longshot View Post
        Great looking deer. Congrats on a heck of a buck. Which part of Gonzales County?
        Right outside the big ole town of Hochheim

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
        Awesome deer!

What were the factors in setting up in that particular tree and location?
        It’s a small piece of property. A creek runs right behind my stand. It’s a funnel point. Doe will come often and will eat corn. The decent bucks just use it to check does. Where the stand is set up I’ve got a shot at bucks traveling the creek and at the ones that are coming down a tree line opposite the creek.

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        That was pure awesomeness. You get bonus points for the Don't Tread fletching.
        Haha thanks bud. A buddy of mine got those for me. He said he saw them and knew I’d want them.

Thanks y’all! I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

In live and hunt in Gonzales county too. I've seen some good deer so far this year on game cameras just so they keep growing. Some of ya may remember the 12 pt I hunted like 40 sits before I finally saw him. I made a bad shot on forward in the neck and hunted for him for 3-4 days and never found anything. He came back about a week later and I gave him a pass. I found one of his sheds and scored him if they other side matched which it did at 153. I'm glad I passed him because he's back this year. I ended up arrowing a 5 yr old heavy horn 10 point that scored 143 7/8. The 12 still looks young but I think he is just a small body deer. Hopefully he'll bulk up some and make me think he's older. He looks only 4 to me but I have a new neighbor and with step kids that are already excited about having a place to hunt so you know what that means we will see. He still has almost 2 months to keep growing so we'll see where he ends up. Let it rain

Comment

It’s 100 degrees outside and hard to imagine being in the woods...but this video kinda has my neck swelling. Gotta love them lighted knocks! Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

Nice job

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great shot Congrats on a great buck!

Comment

That is a nice video and a great deer.

Comment

congrats

Comment

Awesome!!!