No announcement yet.

Building a bathroom vanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man....this been the best diy, wood **** ever posted.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

What? No cove cuts on the table saw? That shaper is really a great tool, but your work is really something beautiful.

Comment

I got the doors for the mrs vanity made this morning. I am out of stain and will have to go the big city and pick some more up later today. Using Minwax special walnut on this and all wood in the house. Still need to drill and mount the hinges. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5141.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.2 KB
ID:	24625376

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice job

Comment

@sendit, very cool project and great workmanship. I have been drying some black-jack oak I harvested from my back yard to put down as plank flooring and building bunk beds at the deer lease cabin. I've been struggling to decide what combination of stain/finish to use. Any advice on stain and polyurethane finish for blackjack oak? I love the look of your finished product.
            Last edited by cbcanderson; 08-17-2020, 12:50 PM.

Comment

@sendit -- just saw the details on stain/poly in your post above -- sorry for asking the question twice. Great looking work!

Comment

Amazing work, looks real good.

Comment

Originally posted by cbcanderson View Post
                  @sendit, very cool project and great workmanship. I have been drying some black-jack oak I harvested from my back yard to put down as plank flooring and building bunk beds at the deer lease cabin. I've been struggling to decide what combination of stain/finish to use. Any advice on stain and polyurethane finish for blackjack oak? I love the look of your finished product.

Early on in building our barndo I chose to go with the Minwax special walnut so it’s throughout the home.
                  Here are some sample doors I made and used only tung oil on go give it a natural look. I like it too as it really lets the natural beauty come through where the darker stain hides some of it. It will boil down to your taste in color.
                  In general I love working with this post oak. I need to get some more cut.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1599.jpg
Size:	74.8 KB
ID:	24628144

Name:	IMG_1614.jpg
Size:	86.0 KB
ID:	24628145

Comment

Finally nearing the end of these things. I still need a couple of mirrors to install into the frames I made for my wife’s vanity. The guest bath mirror will be store bought. Just a kawinky dinky but mine is finished. More to come!

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	24628309

Comment

Very nice work!

Comment

Beautiful project, you did an outstanding job on this, and thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Ok I am officially done with the vanity(s) project. Didn’t have any plans for these just fly by wire like most of my projects. The mirrors used on my wife’s and mine were framed in the same style using oak. Now it’s off to the next job, most likely a set barn doors.

Name:	IMG_5272.jpg
Size:	69.3 KB
ID:	24628477

Name:	IMG_5271.jpg
Size:	75.2 KB
ID:	24628478

Comment

as always......amazing work!!!