Interesting Chuck Adams article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
    As long as physics doesn't forget that we are shooting at a possibly moving target, faster arrows give the target considerably less time to react which allows for better shot placement all else being equal (which is the #1 consideration, a field point in the right place is more deadly than a super penetrating broadhead in the wrong place, since the target had time to move).

I see people say that 30 yards is too far for deer, and then talk about their heavy arrows. Then when you look at your PDFs, the arrow time of flight to 20 with a 220 fps bow and at 30 with a 280 fps bow are very close. So from the time of flight and the deer's perspective a 220 at 20 yards and a 280 at 30 is basically the same shot. Do you have a PDF with a 300 FPS bow? it might make it to 30 before the 220 makes it to 20, would be interesting to see

All this to say given equal tune, the faster bow will be a more precise instrument on a possibly moving critter, thus allowing for better "in the field" shot placement, and remember shot placement is always #1. If anyone can't accept that, they are lying to themselves. Don't take that to mean that i believe that a super light arrow it the way to go either, I am more of a balance guy. That said if a guy had a sub 400 grain arrow at over 300 fps with a COC broadhead i I bet it would zip through deer just fine

Anyway, at this point i think we are talking past each other. Have a good one
    my chart is in excel. i can put any speed you want. I have to convert to post here

Comment

Working...
    X