Dog throwing up bile each morning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have experience with a healthy happy dog that just started throwing up bile every morning?

Mine is still very playful. He eats and still chases squirrels and rabbits like nothing is wrong.

Internet says this happens a lot when the dogs stomach is empty in the morning but we keep food in the bowl overnight if he is hungry so I can't see this being the problem.

Anyone deal with this and have suggestions? (besides go see a vet)(I will if it comes to that)

Thanks

I have no clue, but when I see my 2 dogs eating grass I know its coming.

Comment

Sometimes, if they ingest grass or bones at all, a piece of grass or bone will get stuck in the stomach and irritate it until they vomit. It seems to be more irritating if the stomach is empty and it might be 12 hours after ingestion. You might not even see anything in the vomit. Usually, my dogs do middle of the night bile puking or early morning puking when they've ingested something irritating the day before.

Comment

Have y’all recently changed to a new/different dogs food?

Comment

He might have consumed a Biden video. We did however start closing all bathroom doors when we leave. Dog was eating out of the garbage cans. Wife found wrappers in her stool.

Comment

Is he able to eat and keep food down or is he just doing it in the mornings on an empty stomach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Any toads around? I’ve heard some toads will make dogs throw up like that when they lick or put them in their mouth.

Comment

Mine does it when they’re overly hungry. I started giving him a handful of kibble every night before bed and that cleared it up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What breed of dog? City or country?

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    Is he able to eat and keep food down or is he just doing it in the mornings on an empty stomach?

seems to just be on an empty stomach. Three mornings in a row. Nothing new really other than a bunch of steak fat after i grilled steaks on Sunday. Would he still be throwing up three days later and show no signs of being sick?

Comment

Every dog I have owned in the last 10 years has gotten allergic to poultry. There is something in "modern" poultry that will kill your dog. Immediately dump poultry from it's diet and see if it gets better.
                      Karen and have almost dumped it from our diet as well...

Comment

My dogs were, key word were, on a weight management food. The younger dog developed an allergy to the food. Expensive lesson to learn.

We switched food and vomiting went away, Thank you Lord. However, the Youngest came home around Easter and said both pups are getting fat. So, now we've reduced portions and I can tell my pups are still hungry.

We need to call the Vet and see what we can supplement the food with, so they feel full.

Anyway, talk with your Vet about changes to their food and how to approach.

Comment

My boxer has an extremely sensitive stomach. She would throw up her food every night and we found out it was because she ate only once a day and had lots of gas in her stomach. She now gets a pepcid pill daily and all issues resolved. If the throw up is foamy yellow its gas /acid reflux

Comment

You don’t have any rat poison that the dog could have gotten a hold of so you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My dog got sick a month ago, couldn’t keep anything down , water nor food.
                              She had pancreatitis
                              But seems you are dealing with something different

Comment

Working...
                              X