18 weeks and 3 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18 weeks and 3 days

since rotator cuff surgery on Dec 28th. I shot my bow today for the first time. Here's my first 3 arrows since October last year when I quit shooting because I could no longer draw. I was shooting at the top bullseye.
    I only shot 6 arrows as there's still a little very minor pain in the draw and I didn't want to overdo it. Arrow 4, 5, and 6 were a little farther apart. It's a start tho. I'll ease back into it over the next few weeks with a few shots every other day or so.
    I'm feeling good about it.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Absolutely take your time getting back at it. Before you know it you’ll have a big’un on the ground

Comment

Comment

That's awesome! One of my clients just had rotator cuff surgery and is also making a rapid recovery.

Comment

I know the feeling. It hurts so good. For sure take your time. I’ve been through 3 of them and it’s a long road back to full strength. Glad you are there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks like a successful recovery to me. But you forgot to mention that’s an 80 yard grouping right?

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              Looks like a successful recovery to me. But you forgot to mention that’s an 80 yard grouping right?
              Lol, I wish. It was a mere 20

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Had 4 anchors put in my left shoulder in Nov 2020 and did not draw my bow until August 2021. It hurt like all get out and I had to lower my draw weight by 10 pounds. It was still not easy to draw then. Lots of pain.
                You are doing great this early after surgery. Meep it up but do not overdo it.

Comment

Nice group, like others have said, sneak up on this, don’t rush it. Good luck!

Comment

Sweet!
                    I would say that’s a pretty quick recovery.

Comment

Comment

That’s a great start to your full recovery let’s hope. Good job so far

Comment

Good deal.
                          I’m ten months past when they reattached my rotator cuff and just started drawing my recurve. I was afraid I’d never be able to draw a bow again so I’m pretty tickled.

Comment

Working...
                          X