Modern day deer camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Modern day deer camps

Who still does it "old school". Tents, outdoor showers, outdoor cooking.

We are on a new lease in Burnet this year, and have decided to get a few truck tents and see what happens. Does anyone else still do it this way, and if so i would like to see pictures and ideas!

We essentially did this on an East Texas lease last season. It's not horrible. We moved to a lease in Menard and bought an old camper. There's no water, but there is power. So it'll be a mixed bag but we'll be sleeping/cooking inside for sure.

Comment

There were some guy’s I knew on a lease in big lake that built a deck and set up a huge army tent every year and had pop up shower stalls. It worked out well and they had more room than any trailer had.

Comment

I always camp and enjoy it. Sleeping in a tent has always been great for me.

Comment

Sometimes our satellite tv stops working in bad weather. Talk about roughing it...

Comment

We tent camped up until this past year, got on a new lease and a gentleman was selling his camper that he bought specifically for the lease, and lets just say the price was almost like we held him at gunpoint (couldn't pass on it). Tent camping always made it feel more like an adventure, but hard to beat taking a midday nap in the AC in the early season.

Comment

We half way rough it. 40x30 metal barn, running water, no electricity. Cooking is done on a propane two burner stove, the wood stove we use to keep warm, or the fire ring outside. Everything at night is by lantern. We enjoy the getaway from everyday life.

Comment

We bought a 40' shipping container and put 2 sets of 3 bunk beds on each end and insulated it. Works great

Comment

As long as there is no rain I sleep in the bed of the truck under the stars and we cook on a fire ring

Comment

I’m in a travel trailer but try to do 90% of cooking outside. I also want to look an outdoor shower since mine is so small. I’ve seen some good ones on here.

Comment

No. I'm too old and pay too **** much money to "rough" it!

Comment

Once I got out of the Army I never wanted to see the inside of another **** tent!

I would sleep in my truck before I do.

Fully furnished camp with all the goodies for me now.

Comment

Tent camp all the time.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	tent-hunt.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	24681869

Comment

Roughin it is fun, until it's not. Too many ways for mother nature to ruin a weekend.

Eff a tent.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              Roughin it is fun, until it's not. Too many ways for mother nature to ruin a weekend.

Eff a tent.
                              Believe me, i like ac and a hot shower. The landowner isnt too fond of trailers because he lives on property.

Comment

Working...
                              X