No Till Drill Rental - East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Till Drill Rental - East Texas

Anyone know where I can rent a no till drill in the DFW or East Texas area? My land is near Gilmer so anywhere between the two would be an easy pickup. I have the tractor to pull it, but don't have the $10k to buy one!

I would be interested in this as well

Comment

Might try to call the ag extension office and see if they have any leads.

What are you trying to plant?

Comment

I called them and they were no help.

Currently have a fall blend in our food plots, but I want to overseed with a spring / summer blend. I plan to go with GreenCover Summer Release. https://greencover.com/shop/summer-release/

If I can't locate a drill, my plan is to cut the fall blend down low and then broadcast the Summer Release and drag a pallet to get as much seed/soil contact as possible and then pray for rain. I just don't want to till what I currently have in the field as it's coming up nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner View Post
          I called them and they were no help.

Currently have a fall blend in our food plots, but I want to overseed with a spring / summer blend. I plan to go with GreenCover Summer Release. https://greencover.com/shop/summer-release/

If I can't locate a drill, my plan is to cut the fall blend down low and then broadcast the Summer Release and drag a pallet to get as much seed/soil contact as possible and then pray for rain. I just don't want to till what I currently have in the field as it's coming up nicely.
          If you can't get a drill, I would modify your seed mix. The sunflowers and beans in that mix won't come up well with no-till (birds will love you though). You could do buckwheat and sunn hemp pretty well, along with the rapeseed and smaller seeds in that mix. Broadcast and then mow though, the mowing will help knock the seeds down to the dirt. If you get a good rain you will be good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by txbowman12 View Post
            If you can't get a drill, I would modify your seed mix. The sunflowers and beans in that mix won't come up well with no-till (birds will love you though). You could do buckwheat and sunn hemp pretty well, along with the rapeseed and smaller seeds in that mix. Broadcast and then mow though, the mowing will help knock the seeds down to the dirt. If you get a good rain you will be good to go.
            Ok, thanks for the info. I definitely agree on the sunflowers and beans. Those seeds are going to be a little bigger than the rest and will need to be buried to germinate. Good data point on the mowing after seeding.

Comment

Working...
            X