Hello Oklahoma!! Kactuskiller and 125dad cross the border

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well as some may have seen, myself and Terry (125dad) have pulled up camp in west Texas and have taken our “talents” north of the Red River into Seminole co Oklahoma.
    After yrs of watching the landowner threads on Oklahoma properties and admiring the deer quality and wonderful country my interest was peaked.
    After looking for more land in Texas and striking out on a few deals it was obvious that I needed to look north. Terry had shown interest in joining in on a deal which would allow us together to purchase a larger tract. We have been hunting together since 2010. We have the same interests and ideas on hunting, which is a nice way to say Terry goes along with most every crazy idea I have, LOL. As we began our search we decided we wanted at least 300-500 acres. We looked at several areas of Oklahoma from central to east. After some debate we decided to make an offer on 320ac of rolling oak land in Seminole co. This land had great topography of rolling draws and hard wood timber. The property had the standard “Darton” pole barn, utilities, 4 stock tanks and good perimeter fence. A timber came in a couple yrs ago and harvested a lot of timber in select areas opening up the canopy which should really help the herd. Now it’s up to us to feed heavy and get some food plots in.
    We have already started building out the barn into a 4 BR 1 bath barndo with interior garage for storage.

We will try to update a little as we go. Really looking forward to seeing what Oklahoma has in store for us. Regardless we are done with the lease game and anticipating a new chapter in life.

A big thanks to Jay Cassels(Darton) for helping us land this property. It only took him 4-5 yrs to convince me to become an Okie.

We will be choosing a name for the property soon and will be getting started on the deer management real soon.

Some land pics and a fresh shed we found.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Going to be a fun ride, Jack! Congrats to both of y’all!!

Comment

A few pics on the start of the barndo build
        Moved a couple doors into new locations to fit our floor plan

Loading our final load out west to make the move up north!

Already have a few targets for the summer and hopefully so future prospects

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck to you and Terry, Jack!!!!!

Can’t wait to see the pics of critters y’all get off your own place.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Place looks amazing! Good luck to both of you on your adventure!

Comment

That’s awesome Jack! Good luck to y’all on this property. Keep the updates coming!

Comment

Welcome to Oklahoma, ya’ll are goi going to love it!!

Comment

Congrats Jack! Can’t wait to see the updates and the future LDP’s!

Comment

Tuned in!

That is some cool looking country. Y’all are going to really enjoy it up there. I wish y’all the best on this new endeavor.

Comment

Congrats, very beautiful country in eastern Oklahoma and some nice deer as well.

Comment

Beautiful piece of property! cant wait to see it come along

Comment

Glad you posted! Looking forward to following along!

Comment

Congratulations Sir!

Amazing property!

Comment

That looks awesome. Congratulations. My friend has a place on the Canadian River in Seminole and there are some great deer, and lots of them.

Comment

Working...
                              X