Sausage making day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sausage making day

My son I made 100# of Pork [emoji241] and Deer [emoji1662] sausage today. Seasoned,mixed and ground yesterday evening, stuffed and smoked today. Hard work for 2 people but my son and I enjoy the time and tradition. Turned out pretty durn good!!

Last edited by SCORPION KING; 03-05-2022, 08:45 PM.

Looks nice. I’m digging the old stuffer.

Comment

We started with an old Enterprise stuffer as well. Looks good.

Comment

Is there a reason why you grind and season on one day, then stuff the next day? Does it make a difference in flavor?
        I usually do it all in one day, just for times sake. My dad always wants to do it over 2 days like you do. Just curious.

Comment

If you already have both ground is there a fairly easy way to mix and stuff?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck yeah! It’s hard work but well worth it

Comment

That looks great. I had to retire my old stuffer- too much work

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter View Post
                Is there a reason why you grind and season on one day, then stuff the next day? Does it make a difference in flavor?
                I usually do it all in one day, just for times sake. My dad always wants to do it over 2 days like you do. Just curious.
                Really no difference in flavor I don't think,with only the 2 of us I like to spread it out into 2 days so its not so much work for 1 day. Everything being prepped any ready to stuff on the 2nd day. Yes the old Enterprise stuffer has seen many of rings of sausage pushed thru it, I have access to a 30# electric stuffer but chose to do it old school. Mixing meat and seasoning we do all at the same time, dump all meat on the table, mix up good,season meat mix up again,and finish seasoning and then straight to the grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by SCORPION KING View Post
                  Really no difference in flavor I don't think,with only the 2 of us I like to spread it out into 2 days so its not so much work for 1 day. Everything being prepped any ready to stuff on the 2nd day. Yes the old Enterprise stuffer has seen many of rings of sausage pushed thru it, I have access to a 30# electric stuffer but chose to do it old school. Mixing meat and seasoning we do all at the same time, dump all meat on the table, mix up good,season meat mix up again,and finish seasoning and then straight to the grinder.

Comment

Looks mighty fine. Digging the stuffer as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good looking product. Love the old stuffer.

I did the same last weekend making 50 of link and 50 of summer. I did it solo and took two days as well.

Next weekend I'm going to make 50 of snack sticks and trying some ground jerky this year.

Btw-i bought a well used strong built tripod from you about 10 years ago. It's in the same spot I parked it and still hanging in there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                      Last edited by Slick8; 03-06-2022, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                        Good looking product. Love the old stuffer.

I did the same last weekend making 50 of link and 50 of summer. I did it solo and took two days as well.

Next weekend I'm going to make 50 of snack sticks and trying some ground jerky this year.

Btw-i bought a well used strong built tripod from you about 10 years ago. It's in the same spot I parked it and still hanging in there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
                        Yes I remember when you and your dad came to my house and picked up that tripod.

Comment

Y’all doing it right!

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Great food, and great times with your son, congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                              X