Let's talk baseball gloves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's talk baseball gloves...

I'm in the market for a new baseball glove. Heck, I might get Colton one too. I left mine at the ball park last weekend. It was a 12" Louisville Slugger Omaha. Darn good glove and I still might get the same one but I'm open for suggestions. I REALLY like the Nokona gloves and am thinking VERY hard of getting one. I love the old school look to a baseball glove. So what do y'all have or what brand glove to your kids use?

Nokona and you will NEVER go wrong!

Comment

i like Rolin they make good gloves i guess this is a good topic for Heath but its really personal preferance

Comment

Heath will fix you up.

Comment

Man I am a Trevino man. I am 25 and still throw ALL the time! I have had that glove since my freshman year of hs and it has been put through hell! Left in the back of the truck through rain, hoursd and hours of practice and games and counless 90+mph throws into the dugout wall lol. Its been an awesome glove and I have never oiled it or had to have it restrung!

Comment

If u go to the factory in Nocona they have gloves with sk\light blemishes that they sell at a big discount

Comment

I'm with Bowsticker cant go wrong with a Nocona.

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
                Man I am a Trevino man. I am 25 and still throw ALL the time! I have had that glove since my freshman year of hs and it has been put through hell! Left in the back of the truck through rain, hoursd and hours of practice and games and counless 90+mph throws into the dugout wall lol. Its been an awesome glove and I have never oiled it or had to have it restrung!
                Also a dang good glove i also had a trevino until someone stole my bat bag out of my tool box

Comment

My wife, and all my kids have Nokona gloves, I personally do not like them at all..

Wilson and or Louisville is where I get my leather....

Comment

Baseball gloves all come down to feel and personal preference. The higher end gloves will have a stiffer leather while the lower level gloves will be soft, almost with a broke in feel already on the shelf. The best way to buy a glove is to go into the store and try them all. I really do not recommend buying a glove on the internet, but I do know that sometimes you have no options. I can give you 5 gloves of the same glove and they will all feel different. it comes down to what you are looking for in a glove. The softer the leather, the "floppier" it will get over time when the leather breaks down. The main difference in pricing is the quality of leather.

Sizing:

Every company measures their gloves different as well, so do not get to caught up in sizes (meaning the Nokona 12" and the TPX 12" will be different sizes). The most common sizes for an adult baseball glove is 12" and 12.5" If you are just playing catch with the glove then the size is whatever feels comfortable to you. Now if you are going to actually play then we will break down the size of the glove depending on the position that you play. If we are talking youth gloves, then sizing is very important. Most youth play with gloves way to big for them. They need to grow with the their baseball gloves instead of growing into them. This is the biggest mistake that parents make is have their kids in way to big of gloves.

I use to work for Nocona Athletic, so I have a good grasp on their gloves. They introduced a new high end series called the, "Bloodline" that is pretty sweet. Most Nokona gloves are going to run on the high end of prices, but they are a Texas made baseball glove. The good thing about a Nokona glove is you can get it repaired through out the gloves life (a small cost to you, but a nice feature). If you do decide to go with a Nokona, you will have several different leather options that we can discuss (Kangaroo, Buffalo, Steerhide). Just a note that not all Nokona gloves are made in the United States.

I now represent Louisville Slugger (TPX) and our gloves have come a long way in the last 5 years. The Omaha series you mentioned is an incredible glove. All of my dealers tell me that in the $100 price point there is not a better glove on the market than the Omaha. It is worth a long, hard look. We also have high end, professional leather in the TPX Pro and the Pro Flare design. The Flare design is pretty neat as it gives you more surface area in a smaller glove (ideal for catching ground balls). The ends of the glove are flared out. You can also get the Omaha in the Flare design. You would be expecting to pay $199-$219 for our high end, professional gloves.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flare.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	23882132

Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions or would like to expand on any of my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by justin156bc View Post
                      I'm with Bowsticker cant go wrong with a Nocona.
                      X3

Comment

Noconas are just about the heaviest peice of leather you can put on you hand. Go with a high end rawlings or wilson they will last as long as anything out there.

Comment

As stated above its all personal preference but make sure you try out a Rawlings Heart of the Hide and Rawlings Pro Preferred.

Comment

I am currently breaking in my Omaha and it is frigin sweet. I considered a nocona and it felt good also. It was a tough choice. Don't think you can go wrong with either.

Comment

I got me a Rawlings GG601P last year and I really like it.

Comment

Working...
                              X