Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cool spot

Comment

We didn't get one drop of rain last night. We have a small cell over us right now but i doubt we get anything more than 0.10in total. That will put us at 1.2in total for the year...we need a very wet May.

Comment

Well, I hope that cell delivers more than .1”

Fawns and turkey poults may be scarce this year around here

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
          Well, I hope that cell delivers more than .1”

Fawns and turkey poults may be scarce this year around here
          I think you are right. I'm glad we haven't grazed cattle the past year so we still have some areas with tall grasses for fawning/nesting cover but we need some green groceries to help all the wildlife.

Comment

We ended up getting 0.48in today according to our weather station out there. It's not going to do much or fill the ponds back up but it's better than nothing. Hoping everyone else got a little moisture.

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post
              We ended up getting 0.48in today according to our weather station out there. It's not going to do much or fill the ponds back up but it's better than nothing. Hoping everyone else got a little moisture.
              Well… we only ended up with 0.2” in SE Mason Co. I feel your pain!

Comment

Tree Update

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hogplum.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	219.7 KB
ID:	24682752

Here's a picture of one of the Hogplum trees. It's grown through the grow tube and doing well. We've only gotten 1.6-inches of rain for the entire year so we have been watering the trees with a 5-gallon bucket and a hole drilled in the bottom around once a month until we get out of this drought.

Comment

.02 here. I have noticed cottonseed consumption is down.
                  Hope the deer didn’t pack up and leave for east texas.
                  It is so green in the other side of I-35. Drive from College Station to Brown co Sunday and was amazed at the lush conditions between Hearne and Temple.

Stocks tanks are down to puddles here. Thank goodness I put in the solar well last year for surface water.
                  Forecasted temp tomorrow is 105+

BP

Comment

Originally posted by bgleaton View Post

All the trees are doing well even with how dry it is out there. We’ve been watering them once every 3-4 weeks over the past 2 months since it’s been so dry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I will be trying this come this next time I plant a set of trees, I’m going crazy fighting horses.

Comment

Bgleaton: where did you get your hogplum trees from?

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                        Bgleaton: where did you get your hogplum trees from?

We purchased all of our tress from Nativ Nurseries, see link below:
                        Mossy Oak Nativ Nurseries is dedicated to growing the country's best seedlings and plants for nature enthusiasts, wildlife and habitat managers. Shop our plants and trees in our plant catalog including our oak trees for sale, native fruit trees for sale, hybrid oaks for sale and chestnuts for sale.

Comment

We ended getting around 1.5 inches of rain from May 21st to May 25th but they were all between 0.25in to 0.6in so not much runoff. That puts us at 3.82-inches total for the year. It's going to be a tough year for our fawn crop! I hope we get some more rain soon but I'm not going to hold my breath. It will be interesting to see how many of our trees will survive this summer if it stays this dry. We will be providing around 5-gallons of water per tree 1 to 2 times per month to try and get them through.

Comment

Got all the protein feeders filled today. Hopefully the does and fawns are able to get through this tough year. We ran through all of the 6,000lbs of cottonseed by the end of May so hopefully the deer herd is in good shape with all of the supplemental feed we are offering 24/7. I’m really hoping we get some type of flash flood soon to fill all the water holes. The weather forecast is showing it’s going to be 105-110 next week so it’s going to be HOT! I’m sure the mesquites will be loaded with mesquite beans this year as I’ve noticed the drier it is, the more beans we see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y’all get any rain last night?

Comment

Originally posted by bsills View Post
                                Y’all get any rain last night?
                                We didn't get a drop of rain last night. My dad is out there and he said there was lightning all around but no rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X