Best dash cam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best dash cam?

I’m on the road 90% of the day in my business.

Friday after noon I was almost broad sided by a young man what jumped a curb
    Like to his two other cars before I swerved out of his way.
    If he had of hit me it would have been a unbelievable story without any witnesses.
    What cam do you use?

If this subject has a thread I missed it.

Thanks TBH In advance
    Last edited by Bro. Bill; 04-30-2022, 04:26 PM.

Best can be subjective.

What are something's that you're looking for?

GPS
    WIFI back up/sync to your phone
    Cloud sync
    Rear facing camera
    Windshield and Passenger area

Comment

I have been running them for a decade on 4 cars. I am in my fourth generation of different cam's. Bought this one for the new car. Figure about 3 years in Houston the hot sun and you get to buy a new one...

Dash cam thread. I commented #21

Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 04-30-2022, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pushbutton2 View Post
        Best can be subjective.

What are something's that you're looking for?

GPS
        WIFI back up/sync to your phone
        Cloud sync
        Rear facing camera
        Windshield and Passenger area
        Huh?
        Lol
        I didn’t know they had all of that but thank you for commenting

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
          I have been running them for a decade on 4 cars. I am in my fourth generation of different cam's. Bought this one for the new car. Figure about 3 years in Houston the hot sun and you get to buy a new one...

Dash cam thread. I commented #21

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ight=dash+cams
          Thank you Johnny

Comment

I've got a Garmin 67W. It alerts you if you drift out of the lane, or if traffic starts moving when stopped at a red light. You can turn the speed limit recording on or off. Save videos or photos by voice control. If has parking monitoring in case someone hits your parked vehicle. You can add cameras on every side of the vehicle if you want 360 degree coverage. If you want to save your recordings on-line, that does have a monthly fee. It will automatically save the recording in case of an accident, and starts recording over the oldest footage if the card gets full.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
              I've got a Garmin 67W. It alerts you if you drift out of the lane, or if traffic starts moving when stopped at a red light. You can turn the speed limit recording on or off. Save videos or photos by voice control. If has parking monitoring in case someone hits your parked vehicle. You can add cameras on every side of the vehicle if you want 360 degree coverage. If you want to save your recordings on-line, that does have a monthly fee. It will automatically save the recording in case of an accident, and starts recording over the oldest footage if the card gets full.
              Thank you sir

Comment

I just got dashcams for all our vehicles at home after I got into a somewhat bad accident. Other driver had a yield but denied it. Their insurance just accepted liability recently.

Majority of dashcams are so so, especially with the Texas heat. Here are some brands that have a better reputation.

- Thinkware
                - BlackVue
                - Street Guardian
                - Viofo

Get one with wifi if you can. If you get into an accident, you can download the video to your phone and show the police if the other driver ends up lying. If you look on youtube (dashcam lessons) 90%+ of the time the other driver ends up lying.

Two good places to buy from:
                https://www.thedashcamstore.com/ (located in Austin, TX)
                https://www.blackboxmycar.com/ (Canadian but another good place to buy from)

64 gig SD card is probably the minimum you want to go with. They aren't too expensive these days. The Samsung Pro Endurance works with most cameras.
                Last edited by altez; 04-30-2022, 08:39 PM.

Comment

I’m running a Garmin Dashcam 47 and happy with it.

I don’t use all of it notifications but it does sync to my phone so saving or viewing incidents is easy

Comment

While looking for a video on connecting my Garmin dash cam via blue tooth to my phone, I came across this video explaining the features of the Garmin line of dash cameras.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPBIrvtGRVk"]Dash Cam™ Series (47, 57, 67W, Mini 2): Small camera, big protection – Garmin® Retail Training - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                      While looking for a video on connecting my Garmin dash cam via blue tooth to my phone, I came across this video explaining the features of the Garmin line of dash cameras.

Dash Camâ„¢ Series (47, 57, 67W, Mini 2): Small camera, big protection – GarminÂ[emoji2400] Retail Training - YouTube

Great summery of capabilities

Comment

Thanks TBH

Comment

Up

Comment

I
                            I chose the Z-Edgar R1
                            With Wi-Fi
                            Simple to instal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Bro. Bill; 05-31-2022, 10:35 AM.

Comment

I have an Aukey DR02 and have been very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X