meat thermometers ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    How far is your range with it? Im prob 50foot from my smoker through a wall in my home office.
    My stick burner sits outside my shop, which is about 270’ from my house. That enzoo I posted works like a champ from that distance…
    Shows it will work up to 500’.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
      My stick burner sits outside my shop, which is about 270’ from my house. That enzoo I posted works like a champ from that distance…
      Shows it will work up to 500’.

My Mavericks are solid as well.. well at my distance anyway and a little more in the shop. I ordered an Inkbird for my phone so was curious what he was getting. RobinHood seems to think I’ll be fine. I don’t need as far as you though.[emoji23]

Comment

Inkbird 4 probe is my go to on multiple pieces of meat.
        I have a thermo Pro 2 probe that I’ll use on single pieces. I always dedicate one probe to lay directly on the grate to get my exact cooking temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My Mavericks are solid as well.. well at my distance anyway and a little more in the shop. I ordered an Inkbird for my phone so was curious what he was getting. RobinHood seems to think I’ll be fine. I don’t need as far as you though.[emoji23]

My recteq sits outside on my outdoor kitchen and I am guilty of using it the majority of the time… The recteq app works flawlessly wherever I am at.

Comment

Here is the Insta-read handheld I use the most. Honestly I have 5-6 of them (different brands) between the house and deer lease but I always reach for the Thermopro at each place. BBQing or grilling. Helluva price on them right now too.

Limited-time deal: ThermoPro TP19H Digital Meat Thermometer for Cooking with Ambidextrous Backlit and Motion Sensing Kitchen Cooking Food Thermometer for BBQ Grill Smoker Oil Fry Candy Instant Read Thermometer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XXSYLL8...D64WCRNSBCFVMR
            I got two of them and they are great.

Comment

I've had a $40 inkbird for 3-4 years now and it's been really good. I echo the comment on bluetooth range being better, as well as Smart's recommendation on the ThermoPro handheld. At the very front of my house to my back porch where the smoker is I can typically hold signal, but not always. That run in our humble mansion is about 80' or so through a fair number of walls and roof.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                I’ve been happy with Meater

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post

My recteq sits outside on my outdoor kitchen and I am guilty of using it the majority of the time… The recteq app works flawlessly wherever I am at.

I still haven’t made that jump..[emoji51]. I keep telling myself I need a RecTeq but I’m afraid I’d never use my stick burner again. [emoji41]

Comment

Here is the Insta-read handheld I use the most. Honestly I have 5-6 of them (different brands) between the house and deer lease but I always reach for the Thermopro at each place. BBQing or grilling. Helluva price on them right now too.

Limited-time deal: ThermoPro TP19H Digital Meat Thermometer for Cooking with Ambidextrous Backlit and Motion Sensing Kitchen Cooking Food Thermometer for BBQ Grill Smoker Oil Fry Candy Instant Read Thermometer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XXSYLL8...D64WCRNSBCFVMR

Thanks for the recommendation and heads up. $16 well spent.

Comment

I have been using inkbird for about 2-3 years. Mine worked great until I left it out during a rain storm. Just bought another one to replace it last month.

Inkbird Grill Bluetooth BBQ Thermometer Wireless IBT-6XS, 6 Probes Digital Smoker Grill Thermometer for Cooking,150ft Bluetooth Meat Thermometer, Magnet, Timer, Alarm for Kitchen, Food,Black https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07R6H558K...2EY6DHKCQZJER9

And Bluetooth range is great for what I needed.

Comment

I use a Thermoworks Smoke. Zero complaints and has worked great. Two probes, high/low alarms. Remote range allows me to walk around my house and still keep an eye on things. Can take a nap and if my fire dies down or goes crazy it will wake me up.

I need to get an instant read pen, good suggestions here and I will pick one up.

Comment

How far is your range with it? Im prob 50foot from my smoker through a wall in my home office.

Probably about the same . It works good as long as I’m in the house. If I go in the front yard it will disconnect.

Comment

For a buy once cry once solution, go to thermoworks.com and find the solution you’re looking that suits your needs. I have a thermaQ that has been used hundreds of times for many years flawlessly. I also have a couple of themapens I leave laying around, they’re great. I buy them on sale and give them as gifts.

Thermoworks/thermapen and thermopro are NOT the same thing, just FYI.
                            Last edited by Hunteraudit; 04-28-2022, 07:13 AM.

Comment

I still haven’t made that jump..[emoji51]. I keep telling myself I need a RecTeq but I’m afraid I’d never use my stick burner again. [emoji41]
                              Don’t be afraid Jason, you would still use your stick burner. I have a Pit Boss and use it more for spatchcocking turkeys and chicken. I’ve never been able to get a good bark on a brisket with the Pitt Boss. The smoke from the post oak and pecan I use on the stick burner can’t be replicated on the pellet grill.

Comment

GrillEye paired with the app.

Comment

Working...
                                X