Are you faster than a 3rd grader?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you faster than a 3rd grader?

I'll try to make this short ... no pun intended!

This is admin approved.

I'm taking an advanced leadership course, for Cub Scouts, called Wood Badge. To "graduate", you have to write a ticket. The ticket is a vision you have to better scouting, in your unit. The ticket is supported by 5 goals. One of my goals is to find another fundraiser, other than selling popcorn, and having an event that shows the public something about scouting.

This developed into the Cubmaster's Cup!

This is a pinewood derby race that is open to EVERYONE, especially those that have boys between the ages of 5 and 11.

The race will be at the Irene Stern Community Center in Fulshear, TX on June 4th. Check-in starts at 4PM, racing starts at 5PM, and dinner at 6PM. Yes, a fantastic brisket dinner will be served!

So, why the 3rd grader? Well, if you happen to be one of the fastest cars, you get to race against our pack champion, who happens to be a 3rd grader, and is also the most awesome kid on the planet, my son, KONNOR! His car is named Super Sloth, but don't get a false sense of security from the name!

Now the fundraiser part.
    $50 gets you an official BSA pinewood derby car kit, the race rules, and a brisket dinner.
    $25 for each additional adult brisket dinner.
    $15 for each kid's brisket dinner (11 and under).

There will be a silent auction, that we already have some great items and I know (hope) we will have a lot more before the event.

Unfortunately, the community center does not allow adult beverages, but I can promise you this will be a great time.

Send me a PM if you're interested in supporting a great organization.

Will you be competing? Need to know what I would be up against besides the 2 time champ.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      Will you be competing? Need to know what I would be up against besides the 2 time champ.
      It's actually a THREE time champ, but if you enter, I promise I wont.

Oh, and Van is cooking the briskets!

Comment

That sounds like a great time!!

Comment

Super cool write up and pray y’all have an amazing turnout. Hoping the 3 time champ kicks up a notch to 4 this year.

Comment

Here's the official flyer with a link to register (or donate) if you're so inclined.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cubmaster Cup Flyer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	131.3 KB
ID:	24681625

We're also actively collecting items for the silent auction.

Comment

I'm assuming that you have a time machine available that will help get us back to 2011 ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfk47 View Post
                I'm assuming that you have a time machine available that will help get us back to 2011 ?
                Whooops!
                I'll have to get that fixed!

Comment

I figured at least a few TBHers would support a great cause, but I haven't seen ANY of you register or even donate!

Comment

Working...
                  X