Bonded title on flatbed trailer question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bonded title on flatbed trailer question

I bought a trailer that was home made in Oklahoma and it doesn’t have a vin. Would a bonded title get me plates on the trailer and any difference in a bonded title versus regular title

My experience is to get it registered in TX will require an inspection to verify its homemade and not stolen. Then you will be issued a VIN. I may be wrong with it coming from Oklahoma.

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
      I bought a trailer that was home made in Oklahoma and it doesn’t have a vin. Would a bonded title get me plates on the trailer and any difference in a bonded title versus regular title
      You have your work cut out for you! Texas is cracking down!

Comment

I don’t think you can get a bonded title in a trailer with out a vin but you could call Lawrence auto title in Taylor Tx for answers

Comment

If homemade Regional Auto theft task force has to inspect. Have all your papers in order. If they feel it is not legit they can impound. Might be easier to get titled in Ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Trailers need license plates? Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
              Trailers need license plates? Hmm...
              Not in Oklahoma….

Comment

Take it back. Buy a real trailer in Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Bucknaked View Post
                  Not in Oklahoma….
                  They only need them in Texas if you get caught. Same thing goes for working lights.

Comment

Well if anyone in Oklahoma wants to buy a trailer and get tags and sell it back to me I would greatly appreciate that

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                      They only need them in Texas if you get caught. Same thing goes for working lights.
                      Well, there’s this story …..

Comment

Originally posted by joevillars View Post
                        I thought you bult it??

Comment

Schedule a 68A with Tarrant Regional Auto Crimes. They only take the first 100 each time they do it. They will inspect it and deem it home built. You then can take your 68A inspection form and get a registration for it.

Comment

Working...
                          X