Keto 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
    I’m living life at low carb now. After dropping 90+ on SOTA, keto is very similar.
    I stay away from sugar as much as possible as well. Pretty much no more beer for me (this was a tough one but I don’t ever crave it anymore).
    I don’t want any part of Keto without dairy though.
    Wow! That is an awesome accomplishment! Keep on keeping on Sir!

Originally posted by Bill M View Post
    I live a keto lifestyle, not the diet. I'm diabetic and choose to do all I can. I'm not on diabetes meds, blood pressure meds and cholesterol is best it's ever been. I feel terrible after the occasion lightly cheat day.
    While I am not diabetic, it is common disease in my family along with most other cardiovascular diseases. I honestly believe that Keto type eating can be a sustainable lifestyle that can help prevent most of these issues. I will get back to where I was last year. Best of luck to you remaining healthy and feeling well.

Originally posted by Artos View Post
    I’m down 15...another 15 would make me

Not giving up certain sorta good carbs like beans & cheese...smaller portions, walking & little prison workout.
    Right there with you Señor, except I need to lose about a 25 lbs to be right where I feel the best. Can’t live without beans either, and I must say I put them in chili!
    Last edited by Pedernal; 03-26-2022, 06:46 AM.

Comment

We are not 100% Keto like we were in 2021 when we started, but we are still pretty dedicated when it comes to cutting out as may carbs as possible. We found out that if you don`t buy it you won`t eat it. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
        No pics required… have you done straight keto and if so how was the experience different??
        I have done regular keto two years ago and I find the Roger Raglin diet easier for me. His videos are good and his recipes give a lot of info. I eat sugar free jello and pudding for sweet tooth cravings. Made with fat free milk.

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
          Did you join the group thing he does ?
          I did join the group. Figured I would spend that much with a night out at a good restaurant. There are bunches of testimonies about individuals losing bunches of weight. I did like Roger did and just drink coffee and water in the morning, then eat during a 4-6 hour afternoon window. I am a big guy, 6'7" and was at 308 when I started Roger's plan last August 8th. Right before the holidays I had dropped to 250 lbs. I don't follow it rigidly like last fall but still eat a lot more healthy. Dr. visit last week was at 262 lbs. and my cholesterol was 160.
          Last edited by kerrbow; 03-26-2022, 07:16 AM. Reason: Forgot something

Comment

I have been on a low/no carb diet since this past August and have lost 30 pounds. I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes in August and with this weight loss I have been able to discontinue my diabetes medication.

Comment

Never done keto but the wife and I started the 16/8 fasting diet a out a month ago. Not hard to do and it is working!

Comment

Anyone still on the bandwagon? I have done keto before, but never been super serious. I am now at a point that at 39 years old I want to be a new person by 40. I started keto about 3 weeks ago and am down 10lbs so far. I have resisted all temptations and hope I can keep up my motivation. My goal is 50lbs by august. When I weighed myself almost a month ago I was at 236 as heavy as I had ever been within a couple pounds. I was 226 this morning. My plan is as follows
                intermitent fasting eating between noon and 8pm
                Keto
                Try to stay under 1600 calories a day.
                with the school year winding down I feel I can do ok on this diet during summer when my schedule is easy. I just hope I can see results quickly. Thats what will keep me motivated that its working. On 5/18 I will check back in on weight loss. I hope I can lose another 10 lbs by then (more would be awesome)

Comment

I’m attempting keto for the first time coupled with working out. I started a mostly carb free diet about 3 weeks ago and I’m down 10lbs with minimal working out. I’m now going to try to cut all carbs out and be a little stricter on what I eat to see if I can do full Keto.

Comment

For those of you “first timers”. My suggestion would be to download CarbManager or a similar app. Track EVERYTHING. At least for a good long while (3 months plus). To be in ketosis, you need to make sure your fat intake is at the appropriate levels. This is the fuel your body burns in ketosis and without it you’ll be sluggish and tired. It’s easy to overdo it on protein as well which your body will convert the excess into glucose and prevent you from entering ketosis. Tracking is essential to make sure you’re hitting your macro goals and to help you understand portion sizes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am on it since the start of the month… doing good and feeling better…. I have been lifting weights and doing cardio… while my weight isn’t down as much as I would like, I am at 205 now versus 210. I have lost inches and gained muscle…

Comment

I need to get back on it.
                        I did really good on it a few years back, then corona shut it all down.

Comment

I was on it pretty hard since new years and lost 24 lbs. Got down to my goal weight so I've slacked off some but not all the way and have maintained my goal weight for the past 3 weeks.

Comment

Doing a keto run starting today, had to wait til after Easter. Starting it off with a fast today to kick it in gear faster.

I need to shed 20 lbs by hunting season, shouldn't be a problem at a 1lb per week/500cal deficit per day but I suck at traditional diets and keto keeps me straight.

Comment

2017-2018 dropped about 80lbs, mostly keto with IF but also some extended fasting. 2019 to present have struggled to stick with it. Gained about 15 back and have hung within 10 of that mark +- for two years now. Yesterday was my first really strict keto day back in a very long time. That means no "keto friendly" products and no alcohol. Just meat and greens. Going to bed without my 3(4) finger bourbon sucked but I'm fairly high energy today. Praying I can stick with it and get 20 or 30 off again.

Comment

Y’all will fit into your old skinny jeans in no time.

Comment

Working...
                                X