Off season hunter chore list:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off season hunter chore list:

What things do you work on, maintain or improve?

Please add to this list of ideas to help others….

Tonight I dusted & wiped down my trophy mounts

Comment

May not be what you have in mind but end of this month I am having a backhoe dropped at the lease to do a bunch of road work. If I don't do it soon season will be here before I know it.

Comment

Gun cleaning, sighting in, knife honing, maintenance of all kinds.....

Comment

Everything, and by everything I mean everything!! Lol. I moved an entire lease setup to another lease with blinds, feeders, feed and still have a camper to move! Bone Thug here on tbh helped me and we worked for a straight up 11-12 hours! It’s all part of it though. Makes all the sweat equity worth it when you can sit back and just throw the feed to them.

I still have to tweak a feeder setup on one spot and maybe fine tune it. Add some windows and a door to another blind but all that is minuscule compared to getting feeders moved and feeding!

Comment

I just need to figure out how to kill bigger deer.

Comment

Mowing, cutting brush, then more mowing, then cutting more brush

Comment

Shred, disk, clean up roads, spray mesquite/huisache and whatever ever else I can come up with. I also cut firewood to make sure I have plenty for the season. Clean fence lines, keep feeders filled, protein, cottenseed and corn.

Comment

We started spring weed spraying around feeders & blinds to keep tall issues from occurring

Also need to empty old corn feeders & WD-40 spray the spinner plates on timers to keep the corrosion down

Comment

Coons. Killed 3 in the past few weeks. Order 8 dukes traps yesterday to speed things up.

Comment

Summer Foodplots
                      Stand Maintenance
                      New Stands
                      Plant/ Water Trees
                      Cut new Trails
                      Maintain Equipment, Trailer, SxS ect...
                      Spray Mesquites
                      Feeder Maintenance
                      Feed Protein
                      Road Maintenance

Always more things to do than time to do them lol

Comment

shredding, filling feeders, tree trimming, brush clearing, fixing and maintaining roads, fixing and maintaining fences, etc. All things that go along with maintaining and owning a piece of property to keep it nice.

On the other side of things, I go into overdrive with shooting my bow until hunting season starts, shooting all my rifles I hunt with, staying physically fit, trying out new gear, online scouting, hunt planning for the following years hunts. Hunting is almost a full time second job.

Comment

Kill pigs
                          Keep feeders filled
                          Plant Cow Peas
                          Kill more pigs
                          Make repairs to blinds
                          Kill some more pigs
                          Maintain roads
                          Kill some pigs
                          Try to find cheaper protein
                          Kill pigs
                          Keep clearings and road ways mowed
                          And last but not least, kill some more pigs.

Comment

Man, I remember doing some of that stuff. Now, I just shoot deer. Public land is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                              Man, I remember doing some of that stuff. Now, I just shoot deer. Public land is the way to go.
                              I don’t mind all of the work. It keeps me young and my lease is close by so I normally go 2 times a week during off season. Public is nice I guess but I don’t like having 18000 fellow lease members that I don’t know with loaded weapons chomping at the bits to shoot something.

Comment

Working...
                              X