No announcement yet.

Sandals Grande St Lucian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's where we went for our honeymoon in 2019. The golf course was in the process of being purchased and renovated by Sandals when we were there, so hopefully it is in a lot better shape now. Take enough golf balls in your luggage so you don't have to buy them there. They weren't included with club rentals when we went (this may have changed now). Also if y'all want to eat at one of the nice restaurants the night you get there go ahead and reserve a table a day or 2 before as they fill up

Comment

Originally posted by Tauzin22 View Post
      Man I sure do appreciate all the info! We did get a Butlers suite right on the beach so we are looking forward to that for sure
      I was wondering about that, we did the butler suite too. Not really our style so we didn't use it as much as most. You will get a cell phone that dials the butler, and you can call 24/7 for anything and everything. We called him from the beach one day asking if we could get a cooler to bring our drinks to the beach. He put one together and here he came walking down the beach in his tux with white gloves on... You guys are going to have fun!! Did you by chance take the helicopter from the airport to the resort?

Comment

Originally posted by Exit110 View Post
        I was wondering about that, we did the butler suite too. Not really our style so we didn't use it as much as most. You will get a cell phone that dials the butler, and you can call 24/7 for anything and everything. We called him from the beach one day asking if we could get a cooler to bring our drinks to the beach. He put one together and here he came walking down the beach in his tux with white gloves on... You guys are going to have fun!! Did you by chance take the helicopter from the airport to the resort?
        I didn't even know the helicopter was an option haha

Comment

It was like $500 more but was freaking awesome, and we got the the resort about an hour before the others.

Comment

Originally posted by Tauzin22 View Post
            The future wife and I are headed to St Lucia for our honeymoon in May and will be staying at the Sandals Grande St Lucian. Looking to play golf and fish for sure.

Anyone that's been or know anything about the area have any suggestions on who to use to fish? Or any suggestions on anything else we should do while we are there?

Thanks in advance!
            We were just there in May. Spend the $$ and get a helicopter taxi. its a LONG drive from airport. We did the drive there and helicopter taxi back.

Comment

We stayed at the St Lucian for our honeymoon as well in 2014. This week actually! March 28th was our anniversary. We loved it. Went snorkeling and did a tour that took us to a mud bath and some other stuff. We went there to relax on the beach, so we didn’t do much of the sight seeing tours.

Food was great. Staff was awesome. They had a cool local vendor night. Again, we had an awesome time. I tipped the pool bar guy a 20 on our first day. From then on as soon as they opened he would see me wading across the pool and had a beer ready and waiting on me. I mentioned to the wife about going back for our 10 year.

Comment

Originally posted by PROD49 View Post
                We were just there in May. Spend the $$ and get a helicopter taxi. its a LONG drive from airport. We did the drive there and helicopter taxi back.
                Oh yeah! We did the shuttle taxi from the airport to the hotel when we got there. Wife got a little car sick, but we had a great time with the couples on there and one very smart guy suggested we get 6 packs at the airport for the ride. So I was already having a great time before we even got to the hotel. Again, wife got a smidge car sick.

When we left I got the helicopter ride. I loved it, wife was a little uneasy. I had flown in a helicopter before(and fly them now), but take into account how comfortable the wife is with that stuff. Helicopter rides can be choppy. However, she didn’t get sick and it was a WAY shorter flight than it was a drive.

Went and pulled a few photos. Forgot we did the sunset beach dinner. It was a nice quiet dinner to ourselves that we really enjoyed. Good to go back and remember the freshly married bliss. Congrats man, it keeps getting better every year!
                Attached Files

Comment

I think it’s safe to say we will be doing the helicopter taxi for sure! Sounds like it’s a hell of a time, again I sure do appreciate all the info!

Comment

Wife and I went there on our honeymoon way back in 2006. So, the fresher info is probably the better info. However, we did have a blast! Frankly we enjoyed the ride from the airport. Like someone else said, we stopped somewhere and picked up some beer for the ride and got to know some other couples on the ride. We also enjoyed the sight seeing but we can be weird like that.

Comment

The ride from the airport is super fun, I thought. But I really enjoy the "cultural" part of traveling.

The Pitons are spectactular and boat is the best way to get there. We went twice, by road and by boat. One of my daughters puked after the car ride.

Marigot Bay is also really beautiful. We stayed there, in a house on the side of the mountain. Tommy Hilfiger pulled his ridiculous boat into the marina while we were there. There's a good restaurant there right on the water with awesome views of the sunset and Bay.

Great, friendly people in St. Lucia. We had a wonderful time.

Comment

Anyone remember how to book the helicopter ride from the airport to Sandals?

Comment

You’ll have an amazing time there. My wife and I went before covid and wouldn’t change a thing. Pay extra and get the butler. The food is really good and the beer is always cold. The mountain tour with mud bath is fun.

Comment

Anyone that has been there recently and played golf. How are the courses? Worth playing?

Comment

Helicopter for sure! I stayed at la toc. Make sure you hit their piano bars, great times! It’s fun to hit the other resorts and see their layouts and try the different restaurants. Hammered the sushi. Made lots of friends there and still keep in touch with them. Tipping isn’t allowed.. however… Make sure you give a little cash in a napkin to your waiter at the beginning of dinner and your wine glass will stay full… Same with housekeeping, leave them some up front and you will have extra towels and other extras left in your room. Have fun!

Comment

We have been talking about going "if" we ever get married. But we've only been dating 16 years so I don't really know her that well yet so don't rush me.

Comment

Working...
                                X