No announcement yet.

Entergy Transfer Wants to Cut Power Off in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep. Energy transfer made 2.6 billion off us Texans during last years event.

Comment

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
      That's funny because Energy Transfer doesn't pay their bills for sh*t.
      On a corporate or district level? I’ve never had anyone calling me about non-payment on goods or services. Not saying things don’t slip through since so many hands are involved but it’s rare in the district I work in. If it’s on a corporate level then I have no idea. As far as I’m concerned if one company is providing a goods or service to another company and not getting paid then the company not paying should be cut off or put on hold until payment is received.

Comment

Our local news report said that Vistra didn't use all that they had ordered and consequently didn't pay for what they didn't get. Glad I'm not in the business anymore, but there's probably a lot more to it than what we will hear on the news.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          Yep. Energy transfer made 2.6 billion off us Texans during last years event.
          It’s supply and demand from a user aspect. If the demand is higher then the supply increases. They made money because they were able to keep running. They were able to keep running because employees were out in the freezing conditions dragging generators around powering stations. They didn’t make this money because of price increases.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
            It’s supply and demand from a user aspect. If the demand is higher then the supply increases. They made money because they were able to keep running. They were able to keep running because employees were out in the freezing conditions dragging generators around powering stations. They didn’t make this money because of price increases.
            Yes they did. The natural gas market has been crooked in texas since Oscar Wyatt back in the 70's

Comment

Daaaaang that's a CNN level clickbait title if I ever saw one...

Comment

Basic economics…… commodity markets and supply/demand…….

Guessing some people slept thru the class when it was taught.

Pay the bill.

Comment

Yep. I spent 13 days out in that keeping a plant online. Many many plants went down. We made it nearly through the whole deal but our producers froze up and we didn’t have the volume to stay online the entire time. Luckily we had the forethought to pack our residue like hard and keep flowing going till we came back up. That was a rough couple of weeks.

Comment

Yes they did. The natural gas market has been crooked in texas since Oscar Wyatt back in the 70's
                    Lol….Ok. Next in line for the handout.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                      Basic economics…… commodity markets and supply/demand…….

Guessing some people slept thru the class when it was taught.

Pay the bill.
                      Funny, its OK to sell a house right now for 140k thats only worth 100k. Cant do the same with a commodity..........

Comment

They provided a product and haven’t gotten paid for that product. If we don’t pay our light bill the power company wont hesitate about turning our power off…..not supposed to happen until the 24th after this cold front. I work for Energy Transfer and if I am on the grid that happened to lose power if gas is shut off then so be it. Pay your bill……
                        I also work for Energy Transfer and agree 100%

What about the price gouging during the big freeze. Energy transfer should be shut down at the state line.
                        There was no price gouging. Vistra signed a contract and agreed to everything in it and knew what they signed up for. It was basically like an adjustable rate mortgage. Cost is low for low volume, then as the volume goes up the price per volume goes up. They used more natural gas during those few days than ever before. Vistra took a risk just like anyone who signs up for a ARM and it bit them in the butt. Now they don't want to pay. It cost us a ton of money to keep our plants and pipeline up and running and our operations guys worked there tails off and did an amazing job.

Originally posted by jlptexashunter View Post
                        That's funny because Energy Transfer doesn't pay their bills for sh*t.
                        I assume your a contractor who did work for us and didn't get paid? That sounds like either more to the story or an issue you need to take up with the PM you did work for. Feel free to shoot me a PM with more details if you wish.
                        Last edited by ColinR; 01-21-2022, 09:29 AM.

Comment

Prices are agreed upon at least a year if not several years in advance. Prices don’t increase because a freeze is coming or a storm is in the gulf. BTW Energy Transfer is based in Dallas and supports thousands of Texas families.
                          Not true, a lot of energy and natural gas is bought on real time markets and prices fluctuate dramatically. prices increased like 9,000 above average during the freeze if I remember correctly. Their are a lot of ongoing law suits regarding that right now.

Comment

Originally posted by BowhunterB View Post
                            Not true, a lot of energy and natural gas is bought on real time markets and prices fluctuate dramatically. prices increased like 9,000 above average during the freeze if I remember correctly. Their are a lot of ongoing law suits regarding that right now.
                            Maybe I misspoke on the gas side how it’s done. I’m in the liquids side and know that a lot of it is done on a contractural basis. ColinR did a good job of explaining the gas side of things a couple posts above this.

Comment

Yep. No price gouging. https://newsroom.cpsenergy.com/cps-e...bitant-prices/

Comment

Yep. Article is straight from and written by an electric company.

CPS Energy is among the top public power wind energy buyers in the nation and number one in Texas for solar generation.

...no hidden agenda there

Comment

Working...
                                X