O.H. Ivie giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.H. Ivie giants

The boat ramps will look like a Walmart parking lot on Black Friday again this year it appears.. Great fish!!
    Last edited by PondPopper; 01-18-2022, 09:30 AM.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    The boat ramps will look like a Walmart parking lot on Black Friday again this year it appears.. Great fish!!
    https://www.google.com/url?q=https:/...ZC6hy8kzlQsV52
    Garmin has changed the game for locating big fish.

Comment

Just like the invention of the repeating firearm and being able to mow down the Buffalo, technology will wipe out populations of big bass. All I can say is treat these big females with respect if your lucky enough to catch em.

Comment

Wow, IIRC that lake was bone dry many years ago and I heard it was done

Comment

Originally posted by ram04 View Post
          Just like the invention of the repeating firearm and being able to mow down the Buffalo, technology will wipe out populations of big bass. All I can say is treat these big females with respect if your lucky enough to catch em.
          By technology you mean live scope and I couldnt agree more

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
            By technology you mean live scope and I couldnt agree more
            Livescpoe, side imaging are making it easier, but tack on social media giving up reports in real time, secrets being shared and pros looking to make a living giving out their gained information from years of fishing. All this is making a better equipped angler that is more capable of catching bass and more people on the water gives bass no time where they are not molested.

Comment

dont understand why this is a bad idea. Congrats to those who are able to catch and release trophy fish like this. once in a lifetime catch. Nice to hear of other lakes beside Fork producing these.

Comment

Big trout fishing like what I mainly fish for has taken a huge hit by the same problems outlined in my other post. Up to Ten years ago you could sit on a school of big trout for weeks without people running them over, now once a certain type of person catches them it’s on the web and fishing pressure increases, decreases catch rates. The lakes are taking the same hit.

Comment

Originally posted by warrington View Post
                  dont understand why this is a bad idea. Congrats to those who are able to catch and release trophy fish like this. once in a lifetime catch. Nice to hear of other lakes beside Fork producing these.
                  I feel like the people that learned to catch that caliber of fish when it was hard work and lot of hours to gain the knowledge to be successful were more incline to treat the others who chase that type of fish with more respect and treat the fish with more respect. If it’s easier to catch, more people who have not put in the time to learn will usually not respect how hard it was to learn therefore not respect the fish or the others that are chasing them, the easier it gets the less respect until you get to where we are now.

Comment

Nice fish

Comment

My take is it sounds like catching 30+ inch trout in the harbor during a cold weather event

But it’s still legal so whatever

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
                        My take is it sounds like catching 30+ inch trout in the harbor during a cold weather event

But it’s still legal so whatever
                        And to add to it, having a Facebook page that lets everyone know they are in the harbor lol.

Comment

I can see it turning into heavier restrictions in the form of limited seasons, and limited numbers of boats allowed on a lake during certain seasons. The resource won't handle the pressure unless restrictions are applied. IMO

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Comment

It’s going to ruin the resource if they’re not careful. Many of those big fish have delayed mortality, especially when caught deep, they swim off but die a few days later. Smallmouth are even worse about delayed mortality.
                            Last edited by SC-001; 01-18-2022, 11:07 AM.

Comment

And to add to it, having a Facebook page that lets everyone know they are in the harbor lol.
                              Dang shame, at least TP&W tried fixing the big trout problem
                              Isn’t this fishery catch and release?
                              Let the sows spawn out then open it up?

Comment

Working...
                              X