SpyPoint Link Micro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ren087 View Post
    Got mine on the Academy sale, ($107) and just set it up yesterday. I got the Verizon specific model and found you can't add them to Verizon like my Spartan cam and you HAVE to use Spypoint SIM card and plans. I was pretty disappointed in that but I did find that clearly stated after I went back and looked at the specs again, so that is on me. I got the firmware updated (took several times) and found that you can't use a MICRO SD card that is bigger than 32GB as stated either. I got the online profile set up and the app installed on my phone. Very limited settings but very easy to set up. I did notice after I changed the password they provided, the app would not connect to the camera until I did forgot pw and reset it. I set it on the table and left it on and started getting pictures soon. There is a delay, even if you have it set to send on every pic. I left it on the counter overnight and got up this morning to 1500+ pictures. The only thing I can think is that the ceiling fan triggered the camera all night as there is NOTHING in the picture. I turned down the sensitivity to low and left on the counter in the same spot and it has only sent 8 pictures since 6am this morning but don't see anything that triggered it. Will turn off fan and test again. I purchased a NON Spypoint wireless antenna that I tried to connect in place of the regular antenna to see if signal is better when out in the woods, but the connection is wrong even after I asked SP customer service. The customer service is bad. They are really not very helpful and very short and rude. I will let this go for a while and will put out at lease this weekend. I don't anticipate any reception issues as I am pretty close to towers on both of my leases but will have to see when I get it out there. I will update later.
    Ok, here is an update. This camera is crap. 1500 pictures again last night with NOTHING to trigger it and on lowest setting. I also got the new Moultrie XV-7000i and tried setting up last night and found you CAN'T set it up on Verizon network like my Spartan and you HAVE to use it on their plan and there isn't even a free plan like the Spypoint had. The camera also didn't take ANY pictures after the initial setup and after sitting right in front of me for 6 hours. Guess I will stick to my Spartan for instant and my regular cams for other spots.
    Last edited by ren087; 07-23-2019, 01:50 PM.

Comment

I set up a new Spypoint Micro last week on a new protein feeder. I had to get the update pushed to my camera over the weekend. Now it appears it is taking pictures and sending me status updates but the pictures aren't being pushed to my phone because of low signal. When i set it up it was 3/5 bars and is now apparently 1/5. Hard to believe since we arent far out of Raymondville. I havent recd a single picture since the camera was set up a week ago.

Has anyone had this problem? I assume there is no resolution unless i buy the booster or move it to another spot.

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTexas Ag View Post
        I set up a new Spypoint Micro last week on a new protein feeder. I had to get the update pushed to my camera over the weekend. Now it appears it is taking pictures and sending me status updates but the pictures aren't being pushed to my phone because of low signal. When i set it up it was 3/5 bars and is now apparently 1/5. Hard to believe since we arent far out of Raymondville. I havent recd a single picture since the camera was set up a week ago.

Has anyone had this problem? I assume there is no resolution unless i buy the booster or move it to another spot.
        Well, you just answered my question that I had asked on another thread about this camera that I started last week. If you aren't getting pictures and you aren't far out of Raymondville, I'm sure I won'get any pictures north of Pumpville. I get one, maybe 2 bars near my feeder all the time.

Comment

Yikes
          The first reviews of this in this thread were very favorable
          I just bought two at academy for $99 +tax each

Comment

Originally posted by SouthTexas Ag View Post

We’ve sent back 3 of the 4 we’ve had for various problems. A couple were not connecting to the proper network. One was a runaway, it would take pictures laying face down on a desk. The 4th is working ok. Doesn’t seem to send the pictures at interval like it should, but it is working. These cameras really don’t seem to have strong signal reception like some of the other brands I’m using.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Here’s how I have mine set. It transmits twice a day, at 0900 and 2100hrs respectively. It always seems to transmit a few minutes after set point, but it does transmit. I have noticed it is still incredibly sensitive, seemingly being set off by wind and brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Mine is acting like the flash isn’t working. Anyone seen that happen

Comment

SpyPoint Link Micro

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  Mine is acting like the flash isn’t working. Anyone seen that happen
                  It could happen. The flash is an IR flash, not a “Black” flash, so it is pretty easy to see if it’s working. Walk test it at night or just in a dark room and you’ll be able to tell if it’s firing or not. Flash LED’s glow red if you’re looking at the camera. But being an IR flash you’d know it if it was working. The picture illumination is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    It could happen. The flash is an IR flash, not a “Black” flash, so it is pretty easy to see if it’s working. Walk test it at night or just in a dark room and you’ll be able to tell if it’s firing or not. Flash LED’s glow red if you’re looking at the camera. But being an IR flash you’d know it if it was working. The picture illumination is pretty good.

Problem is I already set it up in Encinal. The pics from 1st night were dang near solid black. Could barely make out the feeder legs ( only 15 feet away)
                    The FAQ page says to face the camera North, guess Ill try that. As far as sending pics, no problem there. They are a bit fuzzy tho

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                      Problem is I already set it up in Encinal. The pics from 1st night were dang near solid black. Could barely make out the feeder legs ( only 15 feet away)

The FAQ page says to face the camera North, guess Ill try that. As far as sending pics, no problem there. They are a bit fuzzy tho
                      Facing the camera in a different direction won’t change that. Like I said the illumination on this camera is fine. As far as the fuzzy pics, that’s normal. They are a very low res version of the original picture. Even working correctly, the picture quality it sends is a deal breaker for me.

Comment

Comment

Check out covert cameras, price is higher but worth it

Comment

Originally posted by etxranch View Post
                            Check out covert cameras, price is higher but worth it
                            I agree . I think I got what I paid for.

Comment

Does Covert have the same kind of plans where you don’t have to go to the ATT store ?

Comment

Check out this big dude

Comment

Working...
                                X