Game Cameras - Sensor Sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Game Cameras - Sensor Sensitivity

Is there away to adjust it, or maybe even go to the IR sensor exclusively? Maybe put some tape over a portion of it?

I am getting a bunch of pictures of nothing. Pretty sure its grass or branches getting pushed by the wind, but it makes reviewing the pictures a pain. I have a few different brand names, but have the same issues with all of them. I am in pretty dense area and really cant just knock all of the grass and shrubs out. Just curious on how others manage.

This is the camera I have -

Some cameras have a “sensitivity” setting in which you would put it on Low... if camera doesn’t have that function I’d take some loppers and weed eater, and clear as much back an down as possible.

Comment

This makes me believe you can adjust the detection settings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

10 4, thank you. Figured somebody else had dealt with this issue before.

Comment

Should of got a wild game innovation 😜😂

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
            Should of got a wild game innovation [emoji12][emoji23]

Guess I’m one of the lucky ones. Never had any trouble with their products and the cameras are easy to program for simpletons like me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Try changing the camera angle to 45 deg. of where you are wanting to see. Might be looking at 90 deg. and missing them walking by.

Comment

The camera's aren't facing East/West are they?

Comment

has the problem just recently started? I often have the pics of nothing, "runaway camera" problem in the heat of the summer. Some brands are worse than others but I get a lot of that when the temps are up around 100 degrees

Comment

It's a beating, but i weed eat / mow feed pens to minimize pics of blowing grass. I also have sensor set to "low".

Comment

It worse in the summers, but the grass and foliage is more thick then too. Most of them are not picking up the sun, or facing east /west. Will look at the sensitivity settings DDF brought up.

Comment

Not just brush and foliage movement to consider---if the camera is mounted on a smaller tree, it may move enough in the wind to cause the camera to trigger.

Comment

Working...
                        X