36 hours into my Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

36 hours into my Fast

Did some reading and thought why not try it. I am doing straight water only with a few vitamin supplements. Has not been to bad since I had drastically reduced carbs about a month ago after the horrendous Thanksgiving/Christmas feasting. I am shooting for a 72 hour fast ending Thursday evening. We will see how this goes. This morning I saw a pig on the side of the road that was hit by a car and started salivating.

No could do. Good luck to you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can usually make it 18 hours. I fast a couple times a week when I'm working nights..

Comment

I ate at 7am and I'm already thinking about lunch.

Why are you doing this? Is it healthy to go that long without any food?

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          I ate at 7am and I'm already thinking about lunch.

Why are you doing this? Is it healthy to go that long without any food?
          I ate at 6am, snacked at 7am, 8am, 9am and just ate 2 packs of peanuts at 10am. Lunch can't get here quick enough!

Comment

You are going to be surprised at how much better you physically feel. It can be mentally hard but not physically. GL

Comment

My Brother actually went 21 days - Only passed out once.

Comment

I just don’t see how not eating is good for you. Is it supposed to be a cleanse? What is the purpose of going without eating? I truly don’t know anything about it as this is the first I’ve ever heard of someone doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                  Did he wake up?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post

Why?

Was he on the Survivor tv show?

Comment

I just finished a 36 hour fast. I could have gone longer but my wife made baked chicken legs with a dry rub and backed sweet potatoes, squash, and broccoli. I gave in.

Comment

I tried the intermittent fasting for about a month. I ended up gaining weight. I have since just gone to smaller, healthier meals, fruits and vegetables for snacks, less alcohol and more exercise. To absolutely nobodies surprise, I am losing weight. Slowly but surely.

Good luck to the OP. I too would like to know why he is doing it. What is the end goal?

Comment

I have done a 7 day Juice cleanse in the past and it was tough. Made me feel great but was hard.

I have been wanting to try the bible diet (Makers Diet) for 21 days but fasting is likely easier than shopping, I have not been in a grocery store since I got married!

Comment

Good Luck. Don't believe I could do it. I know 24 hours is brutal.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                              I just don’t see how not eating is good for you. Is it supposed to be a cleanse? What is the purpose of going without eating? I truly don’t know anything about it as this is the first I’ve ever heard of someone doing it.
                              not sure on longer term fasting like what the OP is doing but intermittent fasting has numerous health benefits

Comment

Working...
                              X