Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are some of the nicest leases in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some of the nicest leases in Texas?

Let's say you had unlimited funds, but couldnt buy a ranch. Which lease would you hunt, and why?

Holden pasture on the Nunley Chittam.

Comment

^^^This

Comment

For me it would be in Shackleford County around Albany - the Nail or one of those big ranches. I just love that country...

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
          For me it would be in Shackleford County around Albany - the Nail or one of those big ranches. I just love that country...
          YUP - Stasneys Cook, Nail, Merrick-Davis, McLemore,Drummonds - In my opinion there is not a more game/wildlife rich area in the State of Texas.
          Last edited by Codie; 02-25-2014, 09:49 AM.

Comment

The Kelley ranch, cypress Mill Tx.
            3 year round creeks, bluffs, cypress trees, the most beautiful place ( in Tx )I have ever hunted.
            That's why I have been on it since 1989

Comment

East Family Ranches

LOCATION Brooks, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Kleberg, Starr, and Willacy counties
              ACRES 340,000

only problem is they don't hunt it

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                Originally posted by Codie View Post
                YUP - Stasneys Cook, Nail, Merrick-Davis, McLemore,Drummonds - In my opinion there is not a more game/wildlife rich area in the State of Texas.

Ssssshhh

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                  Place has some awesome deer for sure, but it seems like members eat their tags a lot with their management plan of letting trophy deer get to 10 years of age. This is why I assume there is such a high turnover rate in membership for such a highly regarded place. Definitely a great place to go watch deer. I would also not enjoy having a constant flood of management package hunters coming through my lease.

My buddy leases the place next door, and it is what I would consider ideal (minus the uptick in oilfield traffic and occasional illegal) if I were in the market. Huge deer and a really low hunter to acreage ratio.

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                    East Family Ranches

LOCATION Brooks, Cameron, Hidalgo, Jim Hogg, Kenedy, Kleberg, Starr, and Willacy counties
                    ACRES 340,000

WoW, thats alot of land to not hunt...

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                      WoW, thats alot of land to not hunt...
                      X2...I can only imagine the amount wildlife on this ranch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post

Yep!

Comment

What about the Junco? Wasn't Tuthdoc on a bow only lease there?

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                            East Family Ranches

ACRES 340,000

That ranch on 649 has HUGE deer.

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
                              Place has some awesome deer for sure, but it seems like members eat their tags a lot with their management plan of letting trophy deer get to 10 years of age. This is why I assume there is such a high turnover rate in membership for such a highly regarded place. Definitely a great place to go watch deer. I would also not enjoy having a constant flood of management package hunters coming through my lease.

My buddy leases the place next door, and it is what I would consider ideal (minus the uptick in oilfield traffic and occasional illegal) if I were in the market. Huge deer and a really low hunter to acreage ratio.
                              Yea for almost 20k or maybe over that I would expect to never have to go without a trophy. Very impressive free range animals there but that's still ridiculous to pay that and not get one some years just because its not 10+ yrs old

Comment

Working...
                              X