X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible deal all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
      This isn't to put any blame on the deceased, just something I found odd, 7 people on a bass boat? I don't think I've ever seen one rated for more than 5 people.
      6 is the highest I've seen...Charger 797 is the one I can recall off of the top of my head. I think a couple others have a rating of 6 as well. But I've never understood how its possible to have that many people in a bass boat and be seated in a lawful manner, with the way I interpret the negligent and reckless operation guidelines

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        "The wreck involved 12 people – five in the wake/ski boat and 7 in the bass fishing boat. "

From the article posted in the first post

I know you are quoting the article but it is wrong. They said it backwards.

Comment

Aww man. What a tragedy

Comment

sad to read! prayers sent upstairs

Comment

so now a 4th has died as of last week I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Read that this morning, surprised that bail was only 200k. So basically if pops 20k he's a walking man after killing 6 people... crazy!
                There was an "accident" Wednesday in Odessa where 6 year old twin girls were killed playing outside their family's fireworks stand by a drunk driver. Her bail was only 70k...

Comment

Originally posted by Hogwild84 View Post
                  so now a 4th has died as of last week I believe.
                  That sucks. I thought the remaining people were in stable condition

Comment

boat accident

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                    That sucks. I thought the remaining people were in stable condition
                    I believe the last one is getting better, it was her sister that was in the hospital that passed. The mom passed as well. Sad situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Hogwild84 View Post
                      I believe the last one is getting better, it was her sister that was in the hospital that passed. The mom passed as well. Sad situation.
                      Yes they took her off the vent and she is recovering. The daughter that passed was my grandsons daycare teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
                        I am not sure I agree with this. I have had many close calls on the water in the Bastrop area and alcohol was not involved. Lately it is Idiots with boats capable of running 70+ mph in single wide channels. I have also almost ran over a few kayakers coming into Freeport with big swells. Being on the water around Houston these days is dangerous. The captain has to be ready for this type of thing. Blind turns, two overloaded boats is a recipe for disaster, regardless of alcohol or not. One captain failed a test, the captain of a bass boat with seven people on board has no culpability? Even sounds silly to type it.

I dont drink very often these days but when younger a few beers on the water while fishing was common. Drink two beers in an hour and you will be close to legally impaired, if not over. I am not sure what this kid blew but that likely had something to do with the low bond.

Prayers to all involved. Seems one of the victims shares my last name was an eye opener to get that google alert.

This is my thoughts also. They said that both boaters where running at a high rate. So Im not sure either why the driver of the other boat is not sharing in some of this responsibility in this crash. He was not even mentioned in the article. Having 7 people in a bass boat and traveling at a high rate of speed around a blind corner is reckless on his part as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
                          This is my thoughts also. They said that both boaters where running at a high rate. So Im not sure either why the driver of the other boat is not sharing in some of this responsibility in this crash. He was not even mentioned in the article. Having 7 people in a bass boat and traveling at a high rate of speed around a blind corner is reckless on his part as well.
                          There were 5 people in the Bass boat, the article posted is wrong.

The Bass boat driver actually caused the wreck by shutting down his motor when he should have kept going, he should share the blame but it does not matter at this point, he is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post

The Bass boat driver actually caused the wreck by shutting down his motor when he should have kept going, he should share the blame but it does not matter at this point, he is dead.

Well then I guess that changes my statement. I did not read the whole thread, which it looks like I should have. I just went back and read it and all was covered. I guess that will teach me to post until I read the whole thread.

Comment

Originally posted by TXHUNT3R View Post

Correct there were 5 people in the bass boat, but this is the first I heard about shutting the boat down. The last I heard was he was setting there waiting on someone. It was in the evening and they was coming in and the ski boat had just launched and was heading out. A friend saw them unload the boat at Hugo's and said the one guy told the boat owner he knew a short cut but it was tricky so he should drive. Either way it was a horrible accident that has effected a lot of lives.

Comment

Stopped being an accident when they started drinking and driving at high rates of speed.
                                Became consequences of choices made.

Comment

Working...
                                X