Lufthansa Flights through Frankfurt from Johannesburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lufthansa Flights through Frankfurt from Johannesburg

Actively looking at flights for our August trip to Johannesburg, and I found a trip that takes you from Houston to Washington to Johannesburg with United. On the return flight you fly with Lufthansa and stop in Frankfurt, Germany. Any green screeners gone this route? Any trouble in Germany for archery hunters? Right now this trip is half the price of Delta trip from Atlanta and only five hours longer.
    Last edited by Justin Spies; 01-04-2019, 12:30 PM.

Flown with Lufthansa a couple times, haven't had any issues. Believe their apart of the star alliance with United.

Comment

Doing my third trip over in 4 years this upcoming April. just do the direct flight it's so much less hassle than all the layovers and crap.

Comment

Man that's a lot of layovers for your stuff to get lost on the way there. I would direct if I were you, at least on the way there.

My wife's family always flies Lufthansa through Germany, never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by RLUM View Post
          Doing my third trip over in 4 years this upcoming April. just do the direct flight it's so much less hassle than all the layovers and crap.
          Maybe I am just cheap. This flight was like half the price and still got me to JoBurg at same time. I have also heard the staff on Delta were rude and seats were terrible. Has that not been the case for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
            Maybe I am just cheap. This flight was like half the price and still got me to JoBurg at same time. I have also heard the staff on Delta were rude and seats were terrible. Has that not been the case for you?
            All seats are terrible when you have to sit in them for 16 hours. As far as staff, I have never had any problems on a Delta flight. On our return trip this past August I helped to little old lady close all the over head bins and she gave me free booze for the flight!!

Comment

Don't plan on the Lufthansa flight being really cool and comfortable in my experience--all airlines seats are uncomfortable after hours and hours, as someone posted.

Comment

I flew with them once to South Africa. No issues and the flight attendants are hot!

Comment

Do you mind sharing dates of travel? If not here thru PM? I want to see if I can help.

Comment

I flew Lufthansa from Frankfurt to joburg in 09. I can only discribe it as a cattle car. It was an older 747 and they packed it full. Very little leg room or space. The flights to and from Frankfurt and DFW were great!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                      Do you mind sharing dates of travel? If not here thru PM? I want to see if I can help.
                      PM Sent

Comment

I heard of a string being cut during a layover in Germany. So we went direct from Atl to Johannesburg... just easier and it wasnt that bad.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

I fly for work all the time from Houston to Frankfurt using Lufthansa. To be fair it’s mainly in business class, but if I was flying coach I would try and only book an Airbus (biggest plane made) and do premium coach seats which give you more leg room but don’t cost but a few hundred more dollars. I do understand that business class is most of the time 3-4x more expensive than coach.

Comment

Working...
                          X