Ghillie suit recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ghillie suit recommendations

Planning to buy one for hunting public land. If you have used one what brands do you recommend?
    TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I recommend not using one and saving yourself the headache[emoji23]

Comment

Would you have to wear Hunters Orange iver it?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have several and have taken all kind of game wearing them. Got my first elk with this set up at 12 yards with a recurve... This company is not in business any longer, but there are others out there that make similar...

Click image for larger version

Name:	CACGhillieShot1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	132.7 KB
ID:	24559323

My current favorite is Rancho Safari long Bowhunter special shaggie. I have the long coat and gaiters, but seldom use the gaiters.... I do NOT recommend the burlap versions of the Ghillie suits... too hot, too heavy and too smelly.... JMHO.
        Here's the link to the Rancho Safari I have only mine is made from narrow cut material.

Comment

Thanks, I’ll be using it for a rifle nilgai hunt. You only wear orange when your moving I believe but I’m check the rules again.

Comment

I have one. I put it on and walked through the house when I first got it and nearly got dog bit. Normally docile Rottweiler lost it.....

Comment

Leafy suits are a little less cumbersome in my experience.

Comment

I second the Ranch Safari. Nothing like the thrill of taking game up close on the ground--and the ghillie makes that possible with a traditional bow.

Comment

I made mine but you can buy them . They are hot though . but man can you blend in . I use them for varmint in the past as I hunted all over the place calling in coyotes . so the suit was great to just drop with the wind in your face and call .

here is one link to a place that has nice suits my buddy bought from them very nice .

making one is a long PIA process HA HA .

Experience the best Hunting Ghillie Suits designed for Stalking or quiet and fast mobility. Our Poncho Hunting Ghillie Suits come in different shapes for stalking or staying prone and waiting for your prey. A layer of netting helps to add vegetation to the suit to enhance your Camo.

Comment

Working...
                  X